Black Eyed Susan Drink
Whether you just love this drink or you are celebrating the Preakness, this Black Eyed Susan drink is a tasty cocktail that is perfect all year long. With a base of vodka and orange juice, the drink is topped off with Jim Bean Bourbon for an exceptional drink.
Black Eyed Susan Drink
The Black Eyes Susan drink is named after the flowers that are used to make the blanket for the winner of Preakness. Each race in the Triple Crown has its own drink and the Preakness has the Black Eyed Susan. There are a few recipes for this drink, with some using rum and some using whiskey. All of the drinks feature vodka and orange juice as the main ingredients.
- Vodka- You are using a regular vodka for this but you could also use an orange flavored vodka.
- Jim Beam Bourbon- I love Jim Bean with this cocktail, but you could use another bourbon.
- Pulp-free Orange juice- You do not want there to be pulp in the cocktail.
- Sweet and Sour Mix- I prefer store bought sweet and sour mix, but there are many recipes to make it yourself.
- Sliced oranges, Limes and Maraschino cherries- These are for garnish
- Ice- This cocktail tastes best over ice.
How to Make a Black Eyed Susan Drink
Using a pitcher, fill it half way with ice.
Add the vodka, bourbon, juice, and the sweet and sour mix.
Stir the drink well and then pour into 8 ounce glasses and garnish with cherries, orange slices or lime slices.
Can I make a Homemade Sweet and Sour Mix for This?
Can I Substitute Pineapple Juice for Orange Juice?
If you prefer to use pineapple juice instead of orange juice, you can. It will change the taste of the cocktail slightly. Whether you use pineapple juice or orange juice to make your Black Eyed Susan cocktail, it will taste amazing.
More Cocktail Recipes
- Blue Suede Shoes Cocktail
- Easy Giggle Juice Cocktail
- Strawberry Pineapple Cocktail
- Jamaican 10 Speed Cocktail
- American Cocktail
Black Eyed Susan
- 4 1/2 Oz Vodka
- 3 Oz Jim Beam Bourbon
- 6 Oz Pulp-free Orange juice
- 6 Oz Sweet and Sour Mix
- Sliced oranges and Limes for garnish
- 1 jar of Maraschino cherries for garnish
- Fill pitcher 1/2 way of ice
- Pour in the vodka, bourbon, orange juice and sweet and sour mix
- Stir to combine
- Pour into 2 8oz tall glasses and garnish with cherries, orange slices or lime slices