Black Forest Cherry Cake is one of the easiest and most delicious cakes you will ever make. All you need to make the cake is just three ingredients!
Chocolate cake is one of my favorite things in the entire universe. Which is why I have so many recipes to choose from at any given time. You’ve got to try our Hershey Bar Cake and our Chocolate Cheesecake Cake. But before you get to those, check out this one.
Black Forest Cherry Cake
If you are looking for an easy chocolate cake recipe you have come to the right place. All you need is three ingredients! Just a chocolate cake mix, some eggs and a can of cherry pie filling.
Bake it on 350 for about 30-35 minutes (depending on your pan and your oven) and voila! So simple and so very easy.
This moist cake will be full of delicious cherries baked throughout.
Chocolate Cake Frosting
The frosting for this Black Forest Cherry Cake takes a few more ingredients than the cake itself. The thing is, you can totally just grab some pre-made icing from the store if you’re pressed for time (or patience). But this frosting recipe is truly delicious; light, airy and fluffy. You’ll love it for sure.
Top it off with even more cherries (fresh or canned) and some chocolate shavings or chocolate sprinkles.
This makes a great dessert you can make quickly for a special treat or a birthday. It’s a total win.
Black Forest Cherry Cake
- 15 oz chocolate cake mix
- 21 oz 1 can cherry pie filling
- 3 eggs- room temp
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13" pan with non-stick baking spray.
- In a large bowl add the cake mix with cherries and eggs.
- Whisk together until combined.
- Pour the batter into your baking pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean or it springs back when you press the middle.
- If you need to bake more, bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Let cake cool completely.
- Using a standing mixer, beat the butter, cocoa powder, powdered sugar, heavy whipping cream, chocolate and vanilla extract until combined and smooth on medium speed until creamy
- If the frosting is to thin, mix in 1/4 C more of powdered sugar. Make sure to scrape the sides of the bowl!
- Spoon frosting onto cooled cake and spread frosting onto the cake, making sure to smooth it out with an angled spatula
- Garnish with chocolate shavings and cherries
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.