One bite of these amazing Black Forest Chocolate Cherry Cookies and you will have a new favorite cookie. These delicious chewy cookies have all of the flavors of the classic Blac Forest Cake in a decadent cookie.
If you love Black forest flavors, you have to try Easy Black Forest Brownies and Black Forest Cherry Cake.
Black Forest Cookies Recipe
These Black Forest Chocolate Cherry Cookies are rich and delicious. These chewy, soft cookies are a great combination of a chocolate cookie that has sweet cherries and chocolate chips in the batter. For anyone who loves the classic black forest cake flavors, these cookies are a must try.
How do I Store These Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies?
Once these chocolate covered cherry cookies have cooled, you want to move them to an airtight container or freezer bag. This will prevent the cookies from getting stale and will help them last the longest. Store the cookies at room temperature for about a week. You can also freeze these cookies if you do not think you will finish them all before they go bad.
Can These Black Forest Cookies be Gluten Free?
If you want to make Black Forrest cookies gluten free, you can substitute your favorite gluten free flour. You want to use a flour that offers a 1 to 1 conversion in order to not have to figure out the changes that to make this recipe work.
Ingredients for Black Forest Cookies
- Unsalted butter
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- All purpose flour
- Cocoa powder
- Baking soda
- Maraschino cherries
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Chocolate Cherry Cookies
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Using a mixer, beat together the butter and brown sugar.
Add in the egg and vanilla and beat well.
In a separate bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix together by hand. The batter will be thick.
Chop the drained cherries. Pat them dry to remove as much liquid as possible.
Fold in the cherries and chocolate chips.
Use a cookie scoop to scoop the cookie dough balls onto a silicone lined baking sheet.
Press more maraschino cherry pieces and chocolate chips all around the outside of the dough balls.
Bake the cookies for 13-15 minutes.
Allow the cookies to cool to the touch on the baking sheet (about 15 minutes) then move them to a cooling rack.
Black Forest Cookies
- 1/2 Stick unsalted butter softened (1/4 cup)
- 3/4 C Brown sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 TSP Vanilla extract
- 1 & 1/3 C All purpose flour
- 1/4 C Cocoa powder
- 1/2 TSP Baking soda
- 1/4 TSP Salt
- 1/2 C Drained & finely chopped maraschino cherries plus extra for garnish
- 3/4 C Semi-sweet chocolate chips plus extra for garnish
To top the cookies:
- additional chopped maraschino cherries and chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- In a mixing bowl beat the butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer for 1 minute, or until combined.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract, beat again.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mixing by hand with a spatula.
- The batter will be thick.
- Drain and finely chop the maraschino cherries.
- Be sure to pat the cherries to absorb as much excess liquid as possible.
- Add in the chopped cherries and chocolate chips, mixing with a spatula until combined.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop dough balls onto a silicone lined baking sheet.
- Press additional maraschino cherry pieces and chocolate chips all around the outside of the dough balls.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool to the touch on the baking sheet (about 15 minutes) then move them to a cooling rack.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.