Black Forest Cheesecake in the Instant Pot is a beautiful chocolate cheesecake on an Oreo crust and topped with cherries and cool whip.
Cheesecakes are kind of our thing over here. The number of delicious recipes we have is incredible! Stay tuned at the bottom for a few of our top favorites.
Black Forest Cheesecake
This is one of those recipes that pack a big punch because they are super easy on the eyes and tastes phenomenal without taking a ton of effort. However, this is a cake that needs to sit overnight so keep that in mind as you plan ahead.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Cocoa Powder
- Melted Chocolate Chips
- Cherry Pie Filling
- Cool Whip
How To Make Black Forest Cheesecake
- Make the crust. Crush your Oreos, add in the butter and press them into a lined springform pan. Let it sit in the freezer while you move on.
- Make the cheesecake. Mix the cream cheese, sugar and sour cream. Next add in the cocoa, chocolate and vanilla. Lastly, stir in the eggs.
- Bake. Pour the cheesecake over the Oreos, cover with foil and cook in the Instant Pot for 35 minutes, with a natural release for 20.
- Topping. Once your cheesecake has cooled and set completely overnight, pipe whipped cream around the edges and fill the center with cherry pie filling. Add some chocolate sprinkles too, if you’d like.
HOW DO I KNOW WHEN CHEESECAKE IS DONE?
Cheesecakes are done cooking when it’s mostly firm but still has a little bit of a jiggle to it. If the middle is totally firm and not wiggly, it’s probably a little overcooked.
CAN I FREEZE BLACK FOREST CHEESECAKE?
Yes. The best way to do this add slices of parchment paper in between each piece and then wrap the slices in foil before placing in the freezer.
More Yummy Recipes
- Mini Cherry Cheesecakes
- Creamsicle Cheesecake
- Oatmeal Cream Pie Cheesecake
- Strawberry Lemon Cheesecake
Black Forest Cheesecake
- 2 C crushed Oreos
- ¼ C unsalted butter melted
Chocolate Cheesecake Ingredients
- 1 – 12 oz cherry pie filling
- 1 – 8 oz cool whip
- 1 chocolate sprinkles
- Line the bottom of a 6inch springform pan with parchment paper and spray the sides with pam baking spray
- Using a food processor, grind up 24 Oreo cookies
- Mix in the melted butter
- Press the crushed Oreos into the springform pan
- Place into the freezer while you make the cheesecake mixture
- Using a large mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and sour cream until combined and smooth
- Beat in the cocoa powder, melted chocolate and vanilla until combined
- Beat in 1 egg at a time until combined after each egg
- Pour cheesecake mixture into the crust
- Cover with foil
- Fill the instant pot with 1 cup of water
- Place a trivet inside
- Place the springform pan onto the trivet
- Close the lid and set to sealing
- Bake on manual setting high pressure for 35 minutes. Once timer goes off allow to natural release for 20 minutes
- Remove the lid and use a paper towel to dap onto the foil to remove condensation
- Carefully remove from the pot and place onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely
- Place into the fridge overnight
- Using a sharp knife, run it around the edge of the springform pan to loosen the crust
- Remove the springform pan and place the cheesecake onto a serving plate
- Pipe cool whip around the edge of the cheesecake
- Spoon cherry pie filling into the center of the cheesecake
- Sprinkle chocolate sprinkles on top
- Cut and serve!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- Medium piping bag fitted with a star tip