One bite of this Blackberry Margarita Sheet Cake and you will be in heaven. With all the flavors of a blackberry margarita, this cake is so delicious. The acidity of the tequila and the lime cut through the sweetness. The flavors combine in this sheet cake for an exceptional dessert.
If you love cakes like this, you will also love my Lemon Orange Cake Recipe.
Blackberry Margarita Sheet Cake
I love everything about this cake. It brings together the best flavors of a blackberry margarita and the sweetness of a cake. The combination creates a truly spectacular sheet cake.
- White cake mix – Using cake mix instead of making the cake from scratch saves time. You can also use your favorite white cake recipe.
- Eggs – These eggs do not need to be room temperature.
- Water – This is the amount of water that goes into the cake according to the back of the box.
- Canola oil – The canola oil can be changed to vegetable oil without affecting the cake.
- Blackberries- While fresh blackberries give a prettier display, frozen blackberries can be used.
- Tequila– Make sure you are using a tequila you like the flavor of because it gives a lot of the flavor in this cake.
- Unsalted butter– It is important to always use an unsalted butter when baking. It allows you to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Whole milk– The milk is used to thin the glaze.
- Confectioners’ sugar– Powdered sugar is the base of any delicious glaze
- Lime extract– This is going to give the lime punch that margaritas are known for. You can use lime juice if you do not have the extract, but then you will need to adjust the amount of milk in the glaze.
- Lime zest– This is going to add more lime flavor.
- Blackberry dessert sauce– This dessert sauce is like the caramel sauce you can get from the grocery store. I like to use this blackberry dessert sauce.
How to make a Margarita Sheet Cake Recipe
Combine all the cake ingredients, except the blackberries, until it is well combined.
Fold in the blackberries.
Bake the cake for 30 minutes until it is done and then allow the cake to cool completely.
Make the frosting by combining the milk and butter in a pan and bring it to a boil.
Slowly add in the powdered sugar, lime extract, zest, and tequila.
Spread the glaze over the warm cake.
Using the blackberry sauce, draw lines going horizontal across the top of the cake
Use a knife to pull the knife through vertical to create the detailed work.
Cut and serve and enjoy!
What Gives This Cake the Margarita Flavor?
The ingredients that give the most flavor to this margarita cake are the tequila and lime, just like a traditional margarita. I recommend using a tequila that you enjoy the taste of. since it gives a lot of flavor.
Is This Safe For Kids to Eat?
In this recipe, there is about a half a cup of tequila. The tequila in the cake will bake out the alcohol. There are 4 tablespoons of tequila in the glaze, which does not get cooked out. After all of it is said and done, there is a neglectable of tequila in each serving of cake.
More Sheet Cake Recipes
- Cherry Garcia Sheet Cake
- Homemade Lemon Sheet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Italian Cream Sheet Cake Recipe
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Texas Sheet Cake
- White Texas Sheet Cake
Blackberry Margarita Sheet Cake Recipe
- 2 boxes of white cake mix
- 6 eggs
- 2 2/3 C water
- 2/3 C canola oil
- 1 C blackberries
- ¼ C tequila
- 1/2 C unsalted butter
- 1/2 C whole milk
- 5 C confectioners' sugar
- 2 tbsp lime extract
- 4 tbsp tequila
- 1 large lime zested
- 1 bottle blackberry dessert sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray a 9x13 baking pan with pam baking spray
- Using a hand mixer, beat until combined all ingredients except for the blackberries and lime zest
- Fold in the blackberries and lime zest
- Pour the cake mixture into the baking pan
- Bake the cake in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow to cool completely
- Prepare the frosting by combining the butter and milk in a large saucepan, bring to a boil
- Remove from the heat and gradually stir in the confectioners' sugar, lime extract, tequila, and lime zest
- Spread the glaze over the warm cake
- Using the blackberry sauce, pipe lines going horizontal across the top of the cake
- Using a sharp knife or butter knife, pull the knife going vertical to create the detailed work
- Cut and serve and enjoy!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
5 comments on “Blackberry Margarita Sheet Cake with Tequila”
Do you have the nutritional information for this recipe? I would love to have this information. Also, I would love to see a Keto version. Thank you!
Does this really use 2 boxes of cake mix in a 9×13 pan?
I’m wondering the same thing. The amounts of the rest of the ingredients would line up with 2 boxes, but I’ll bet it makes a larger size. I might cut in half and bake in 9×13.
Have not tried this yet, looka great.
If you are stirring the tequila into the milk after removing it from the stove once it starts boiling, the alcohol will also be cooked out of it; therefore the alcohol content should be negligible.