Carrot Sheet Cake (Cream Cream Frosting)
Many people enjoy the vast amount of flavors that come with the delicious dessert that is cake. This Carrot Sheet Cake is one of the top 10 desserts in the world listed as a favorite. This carrot cake recipe may become the number 1 go-to recipe in your household. So moist and Delicious – perfect for Easter!
Carrot Sheet Cake
This Carrot Sheet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting is so amazing! The recipe creates such a moist and soft textured cake with the most enhanced flavor of carrot you may ever have. This recipe is so simple and easy to put together, and most of the ingredients you may already have. Be sure to use this recipe in the future and share it with loved ones.
- Sugar- All great desserts include sugar in their recipe.
- Flour- Use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Allspice- This will be a large part of the flavoring in your cake.
- Cinnamon- Cinnamon is a great spice for taste in your recipe.
- Baking Soda- This will allow your cake to rise in the oven.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in your recipe.
- Vegetable Oil- You can use canola oil as a substitute.
- Eggs- Use eggs that are at room temperature.
- Carrots- You will need your carrots to be grated.
- Powdered Sugar- This sugar is great for homemade frosting.
- Butter- Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in your recipe.
- Cream Cheese- This will need to be softened or at room temperature.
- Vanilla or Orange Extract- Use pure extract for the best flavoring.
How Do You Make a Carrot Sheet Cake
Set your oven to 350 degrees.
Use butter or A non-stick spray to grease an 8×11 inch pan.
Add all the dry ingredients into a bowl.
Put in the oil and then, one at a time add in your eggs. Mix after each egg added.
Add in the grated carrots and combine.
Add the batter into the prepared pan and place the pan in the center rack. Bake for about 35 minutes or until the middle is set. You can use a toothpick to check this by sticking it into the middle of the cake.
Place on a wire rack to cool.
In an electric mixer, add all the icing ingredients and combine until fluffy.
Use a spatula or flat knife to evenly spread onto the top of the cake.
Cut into serving piece and enjoy!
Is Carrot Cake Better with Oil or Butter?
A lot of cake recipes will use either butter or oil in their ingredients. This Carrot cake recipe calls for using vegetable oil in the recipe. You may be surprised to know that the use of oil is actually best for this carrot cake rather than butter. The reason for this is that the oil is what will make the cake a lot more softer and moist.
How Is This Cake So Moist?
Like another question about whether oil or butter is better, oil is your answer. And, to create a far moister cake then most, oil is the ingredient you will need. To make the cake as moist as possible, you will need a lot of oil, this recipe uses about 1 1/2 Cup of oil.
Other Carrot Cake Desserts You Will Love
Carrot Sheet Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
- 2 c granulated sugar
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp allspice
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1½ c vegetable oil
- 4 LG. eggs
- 3 c grated carrots
Cream Cheese Icing
- 2 c powdered sugar
- 8 tbsp butter softened
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp vanilla or orange extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Grease 8x11 inch pan.
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Add oil and then add eggs, one at a time mixing after each addition.
- Stir in grated carrots.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake on center rack of the preheated oven for approximately 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Add all icing ingredients into an electric mixer and mix until thoroughly combined and fluffy.
- Ice top of cooled cake.