Berries and Cream Cereal Bar Recipe
For a simple and delicious breakfast or snack, you will love these homemade Berries and Cream Cereal Bar Recipe. Better than anything store bought, these cereal bars have less sugar and a better taste. Make these cereal bars for a great grab and go breakfast idea!
Berries and Cream Cereal Bar Recipe
These Cereal Bars are very good! These have a wonderful texture and are packed with a tart and sweet flavor. The cream and berries combine so well together and you will definitely be falling in love with this recipe. Use these cereal bars as part of your grab and go breakfast ideas like Chocolate Caramel Cereal Bars Recipe or Sausage Breakfast Muffins
- Cheerios– You will need the Strawberry, Berry cheerios.
- Butter- Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt and to grease the pan.
- Marshmallows- This will be the binding agent of the bars.
- Strawberries and bananas- You will need freeze-dried berries and bananas.
- White Chocolate- This chocolate will need to be melted.
How to Make Cereal Bars
Prepare a 9×13 inch baking dish by greasing it with butter, then place it aside.
Add half a stick of butter into a large roasting pot over medium heat.
Put in the marshmallows and combine until fully melted.
Put in the cheerios and combine until the cereal is fully coated.
Put in the freeze-dried fruit and combine.
Put the mixture into the prepared pan and use a large spoon or spatula to smooth out.
Put the bars into the fridge for an hour until set.
Take the bars out of the fridge and slice them into 2 by 3-inch pieces.
Place the chocolate into a heat-safe bowl and melt in the microwave.
Pick up one of the bars and dip one side in the melted chocolate. Then, add some more on top by drizzling.
Top with one fresh strawberry on top.
Place the bars on parchment paper and allow the chocolate to harden and set for at least an hour.
Serve and Enjoy!
How Long are Homemade Cereal Bars Good?
The length of time your cereal bars last depends on the place they are stored. If left at room temperature, they may last for about 2-3 days in a sealed container. Whereas, storing in the fridge or freezer will add more time to this. Be sure to seal in a container and use wax paper to place in between each bar.
Can I Use Different Fruit Flavors for this Cereal Bar Recipe?
These recipe flavors are perfect for this recipe. The berries and cream are perfect together and I always recommend trying out a recipe before switching any ingredients. However, you can use other fruits if you want.
More Breakfast Recipes
- Breakfast Pigs in a Blanket
- Easy Italian Breakfast Casserole
- Overnight Croissant Breakfast Casserole
- Breakfast Potatoes
BERRIES AND CREAM CEREAL BAR RECIPE
- 5 cups Strawberry Berry Cheerio's
- 1/2 stick Butter
- 1 bag Marshmallows - 10 ounce
- 1 package Freeze-dried Strawberries and Banana's
- White Chocolate - melted
- Grease a 9 X 13 dish with Butter, and set aside. In a large roasting pot, over medium heat, melt the half stick of butter, and add the bag of marshmallows, and stir until completely melted. Add the Cheerio's, and stir to coat the cereal. Add the Freeze-dried Strawberries and Banana, and stir well to blend. Place the Cereal mixture in the 9 X 13 dish, and spread evenly with a large spoon or spatula.
- Place the dish in the refrigerator for about an hour, to completely cool, and bars to set. Remove from the refrigerator, and cut bars in 2 inches by 3-inch pieces. Melt the White Chocolate in the microwave, and dip the bottoms of the bars in the white chocolate, and drizzle a little on the top, and place a strawberry in the chocolate, in the center of each bar. Place on Parchment paper until the white chocolate hardens, about an hour. Serve, and Enjoy!