Breakfast potatoes have pretty much all the ingredients for a great morning. Bacon, eggs, and even a little maple syrup make this potato dish a winner.
Are the kids getting tired of cereal every morning? Breakfast doesn’t have to be boring, and it doesn’t have to be complicated. You can whip up a fun morning meal in no time using one of our fun kids’ meals. How about some butterfly pancakes for the kids? If you really want to blow their socks off, try making our silly “ice cream” for breakfast recipe.
Okay, so this has to be one of the yummiest breakfast recipes ever. There are 2 kinds of potatoes in it, bacon, bell pepper, garlic and maple syrup as well. It is every bit as good as it sounds.
It is a mouthwatering combination of comfort foods that most of us really love. You get to pop the bacon in the over to cook so that eliminates the aggravation of having to stand in the kitchen frying it up and getting grease everywhere.
You simply put the bacon on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet, pop it in a 350 oven, and it’ll be done in 10 – 15 minutes. All you have to do then is let it cook before you chop it up.
If there is a more versatile vegetable than a good old potato, I don’t know what it is. There are so many varieties! (Some say around 4000!!!) This recipe calls for only two: golden potatoes and red potatoes.
The red potatoes are good in recipes like this one because they can soak up the other ingredients without turning mushy. These are the potatoes a lot of people use for hash browns and scalloped potatoes.
I’m personally a BIG Yukon Gold fan. I love those potatoes so, so much. The flavor is a little buttery and they are wonderfully smooth. Absolutely delicious.
- 3 med golden potatoes
- 3 med red potatoes
- 1 Red bell pepper chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil plus more if needed
- 4 pieces of bacon
- 2 minced garlic
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- parsley for garnish
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp crushed black pepper
- 2 tbsp Old Bay spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Place bacon strips on parchment paper
- Once oven is preheated place the cookie sheet in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the bacon is cripsy
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before chopping
- Pour the oil and minced garlic in a large pan over medium to high heat
- Once the oil is hot, add the potatoes
- Sprinkle the salt, black pepper and old bay spice onto the potatoes and mix
- Mix in the bell peppers and cook for 10 minutes or until soft
- Mix in the chopped bacon
- Place the potatoes into a serving dish and top with parsley