Calling all cake lovers! Cake is one of the most made desserts in the world. Perfect for any occasion or any celebration. How about we celebrate this Fall season with a wonderful Chocolate Pumpkin Cake Recipe. Your family and friends may fall in love with this amazing dessert.
Chocolate Pumpkin Cake
This delightful and flavorful Pumpkin Chocolate cake is super tasty. This recipe’s ingredients will form a beautiful, creamy and moist dessert in under an hour. This recipe is a great addition to a holiday or special day you may have coming up in the Fall. Be sure to write this recipe down for the books and have fun making Fall memories.
- Butter- You will need unsalted to control the salt in your recipe.
- Water- You will need this water to be cold.
- Cocoa powder- This will be used for that chocolatey flavor.
- Sugar- Every great dessert has sugar in it.
- Flour- You can use all- purpose flour for the best result.
- Eggs- You should use eggs at room temperature.
- Baking soda– This will help your ingredients rise in the oven.
- Pumpkin pie spice– This will give that delicious pumpkin flavor.
- Sour cream- This will cut through the richness of the dessert.
- Vanilla extract- You should use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Milk- You can use whole or 2%.
- Powdered sugar– This is the best sugar for homemade frosting.
- Pumpkin puree– Be sure to use the puree and not the pie filling.
- Cream cheese– You will want to use softened or at room temp.
- Ground cinnamon– This will be to sprinkle on top.
How to Make a Pumpkin Chocolate Texas Sheet Cake Recipe
Set the oven and evenly spray pam on a 9×13 baking dish.
Add in the butter, water and cocoa powder to a large saucepan and melt over medium to high heat.
Add the flour, salt, eggs, baking soda, pumpkin spice, sour cream and vanilla into a large bowl and whisk to combine.
Slowly add in the wet ingredients and whisk until combined.
Add the batter into the prepared dish and place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a tester comes out clean of batter.
Let rest for 15 minutes to cool.
Add all the frosting ingredients into a standing mixer and beat until smooth and combined.
Pour the frosting over the cake and evenly spread and top with cinnamon.
What Chocolate is Best for Cakes?
There are many varieties of chocolate to use out there. The cocoa is the one used in this Texas Sheet Cake and probably the best for this recipe. However, you can use other chocolate like, dark or add nuts or crisps.
Can I Freeze This for Later?
You can freeze this Texas Sheet Cake. However, it is always best to enjoy it immediately for the best flavor and texture. You can place the cake in an airtight container and it will have a longer shelf life and you can also, of course, put this in the fridge for later use.
More Pumpkin Cake Recipes
- Pumpkin Cake Recipe with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin Cake Cheesecake
- Semi-Homemade Pumpkin Angel Food Cake Recipe
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Cake Recipe
- Pumpkin Magic Cake
Chocolate Pumpkin Cake
- 1 C unsalted butter, softened
- 1 C cold water
- ½ C cocoa powder
- 2 C sugar
- 2 C flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ C sour cream
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ C unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ whole milk
- 6 C powdered sugar
- ⅓ C pumpkin puree
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Ground cinnamon to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven and spray a 9x13 baking dish with pam baking spray
- Using a large saucepan, combine the butter, water and cocoa powder over medium to high heat until the butter melts
- Using a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, eggs, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, sour cream and vanilla until combined
- Gradually whisk in the wet ingredients until combined
- Pour batter into the baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes
- Using a standing mixer, beat together all frosting ingredients until combined and smooth
- Evenly spread the frosting over the cake and sprinkle with cinnamon