Get ready for a taste adventure with the amazing Pumpkin Magic Cake. It’s like three scrumptious treats in one. First, there’s a luscious layer of pumpkin pie. Then, a layer of yummy vanilla cake. And to top it off, a heavenly, airy pumpkin spiced mousse. Pure pumpkin delight in every bite.
Pumpkin Magic Cake
You absolutely need to make this Pumpkin Magic Cake because it’s a Fall dessert that everyone loves. With three layers of pure deliciousness, this cake is a celebration of autumn flavors at its finest. The pumpkin pie layer is velvety and spiced to perfection, while the vanilla cake layer adds a delightful contrast of softness and sweetness. And let’s not forget the show-stopping pumpkin spiced mousse on top, which is so light and airy that it practically melts in your mouth. Each bite is like a little taste of magic that will leave you craving more.
Watch The Recipe Video!
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
- Cake Mix: You will use yellow cake mix for the recipe along with any additional ingredients needed on the back of the box.
- Pumpkin: You will need pumpkin puree not filling as well as pumpkin pie spice for additional flavoring.
- Dairy: You will need evaporated milk, heavy cream, whole milk, and Cool Whip (you can always make our easy homemade whipped cream).
- Brown Sugar: This will add a rich flavor along with the vanilla instant pudding mix which will add a sweet flavor.
How To Make Pumpkin Magic Cake Recipe
- Prepare the pan. Set the oven to 350 degrees. Use the baking spray to grease a 9×13-inch cake pan and place it aside.
- Prepare the cake mix. Follow the package instructions. Place the batter into the prepared pan.
- Make the pumpkin mixture layer. In a bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, heavy cream, eggs, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice using a whisk until smooth. To make the pumpkin layer, pour on top of the unbaked cake batter. Place aside.
- Bake the cake. Place in the oven for 50-60 minutes at 350 degrees. Use a toothpick to check for doneness.
Whipped Cream Frosting
- Prepare the frosting. In a large bowl, add the pumpkin spice, cold milk, and vanilla pudding mix and combine. Use a whisk to thicken the mixture before adding the cool whip. Gently combine until fully incorporated.
- Spread on top of the cake. Use a spoon to scoop the frosting on top of the cake and spread evenly. Place the cake in the fridge to chill until you are ready to serve.
Best Tips for Pumpkin Magic Cake
- Follow the Recipe: Stick to the recipe as closely as possible, especially for the first time you make it. This helps you understand the specific steps and ingredients that contribute to the cake’s magical taste.
- Use High-Quality Ingredients: Choose fresh and high-quality ingredients for the best flavor and texture. Fresh pumpkin puree and good-quality spices make a significant difference.
- Prepare Your Pan Properly: Ensure your baking pan is well-greased and lined, so the cake doesn’t stick when it’s time to remove it.
- Layering with Care: When adding the layers, take your time to spread them evenly for a beautiful and consistent presentation.
- Allow Proper Cooling Time: Allow the cake to cool completely before attempting to remove it from the pan. This prevents any potential crumbling.
- Chill the Mousse Layer: For the best results, chill the pumpkin spiced mousse layer for a few hours or overnight. This helps it set properly and improves the texture.
More Delicious Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Cake
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
- 2-Ingredient Pumpkin Brownies
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodles
Pumpkin Magic Cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix Ingredients listed on the back of the box
- 1 (4 oz) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup milk cold, whole
- 8 oz Cool Whip thawed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prep a 9 X 13-inch cake pan by spraying it with baking spray. Set aside cake pan.
- Prepared cake mix following the directions on the back of the box. Transfer the prepared cake into the cake pan. Set aside.
- Whisk together the pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, heavy cream, eggs, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice. Continue to whisk until it is smooth. Gently pour this mixture over the unbaked cake mix. Set aside. Transfer the cake to the oven carefully.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes. (Check to make sure the cake is done by inserting a toothpick in the center and if it comes out clean the cake is set.)
- Add the pudding mix into a large bowl, add the pumpkin spice, and pour in the milk. With a whisk begin to mix the ingredients until it begins to thicken. Add the cool whip, gently fold it in until it is completely combined.
- Scoop it all on top of the cake and spread it over the entire cake. Chill the cake. Keep it in the refrigerator until ready to be served.