Experience the festive delight of Christmas Lasagna – a layered holiday dessert that’s colorful and delicious! Made with a buttery shortbread base, a minty peppermint cheesecake layer, a smooth green pudding layer and then topped off with a fluffy Cool Whip topping and marshmallows with candy cane pieces!
Christmas Dessert Lasagna Recipe
You’ll love this Christmas Lasagna because it’s a perfect blend of sweet and creamy layers. Every bite of this layered dessert is a burst of holiday flavors. If you are looking for a similar chocolate layered dessert try our Hot Chocolate Lasagna.
What You’ll Need
- Cookie layer: The base layer is made up of butter, powdered sugar, flour, cocoa powder, salt, red gel food coloring
- Cheesecake layer: The cheesecake layer is in the middle. It consists of cream cheese, powdered sugar, Cool Whip, and peppermint extract. You can substitute whipped topping with Homemade Whipped Cream.
- Pudding Layer: This layer is made up of a creamy white chocolate pudding made with milk, dyed green.
- Topping: It is all topped with Cool Whip or whipped cream, mini marshmallows, and crushed peppermint candy canes.
How to Make Christmas Lasagna
- Prepare the Cookie Layer: This is the red layer. Mix flour, salt, and cocoa powder in a small bowl. In a mixer, blend butter and sugar until smooth. Add red food coloring, and mix well. Slowly add the flour mixture at low speed. Press the crust into a baking dish, and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Peppermint Cheesecake Layer: This is the white layer. Blend cream cheese and powdered sugar in a large bowl until smooth. Add 1 ½ cups Cool Whip or whipped cream and peppermint extract, and mix. Spread cream cheese mixture over cooled cookie layer. Freeze to harden.
- Green Pudding Layer: This is the green layer. Mix instant pudding mix, milk, and green food coloring for 5 minutes. Spread over cream cheese layer. Freeze for 1 hour.
- Topping: Spread 1 ½ cups Cool Whip over pudding layer. Sprinkle mini marshmallows and crushed candy canes on top.
Tips and Tricks for Christmas Lasagna Recipe
- Preparation is Key: Ensure your ingredients are at room temperature for smooth blending and baking.
- Parchment Paper: Line your baking dish with parchment paper for easy removal and clean edges.
- Chilling Time: Let each layer chill properly, especially the cheesecake and pudding layers. This ensures a firm and delightful texture.
- Creative Toppings: Have fun with toppings! Crushed candy canes and mini marshmallows add a festive touch and contrasting textures. Feel free to get creative and add other things.
- Sharp Knife for Neat Slices: When cutting the dessert into slices, use a sharp knife dipped in warm water for clean, beautiful servings.
- Serve Chilled: Christmas Lasagna is best enjoyed cold, so keep in the refrigerator until serving for the most delightful experience.
- Experiment with Flavors: Feel free to play around with extracts or food coloring to customize the dessert to your preference.
More Delicious Holiday Desserts
- Christmas Tree Brownies
- Hot Cocoa Marshmallow Cookie Cups
- Christmas Cake Batter Fudge
- Christmas Donut Wreath
- Frosted Hot Cocoa Cookies
Peppermint Cheesecake Layer:
- 8 ounce cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 ½ cup Cool Whip or whipped cream
- 1 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 and tear of a large sheet of parchment paper to cover a 9×13 baking dish.
- In a small bowl whisk together flour, salt and cocoa powder.
- In a standing mixer, beat butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add red food coloring and mix well.
- Turn you mixer on low speed and gradually add flour mixture.
- You may need to use your hands to mix throughly to make sure that you get all the flour mixture.
- Press the mixture into bottom of baking dish and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely.
Peppermint cheesecake layer:
- Using the standing mixer, beat the cream cheese and powder sugar until smooth
- Add 1 ½ cup Cool Whip and peppermint extract and mix until combine.
- Spread over cooled shortbread layer.
- Place into the freezer to harden while you make the pudding.
Green pudding layer:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the two boxes of pudding, milk and green food coloring and mix for 5 minutes.
- Spread over cream cheese layer.
- Place into the freezer for 1 hour.
Topping directions :
- Spread 1 ½ cup Cool whip over pudding layer and top with mini marshmallows and crushed candy canes.
- Place in the fridge for overnight.