This Christmas Pie is a sweet and creamy holiday sugar cream pie that has an easy homemade crust with festive Jimmie sprinkles mixed in.
Sugar Cream Pie
This sugar cream pie is one of my favorite recipes to make during the Holidays. This soft and smooth pie just melts in your mouth with every bite. The silky and rich flavor is absolutely delicious with a simple no-roll pie crust. This dessert is quick and hassle-free which makes it perfect during the rush of Christmas time.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Flour: Use all-purpose flour along with baking powder to allow the pie to rise in the oven.
Jimmie Sprinkles: I like to use Holiday sprinkles, but any kind will work.
Cornstarch: This will keep the pie from cracking in the oven.
Ground Cinnamon: Use this to add a little bit of flavor to the recipe.
How To Make Christmas Pie
Step 1. Set the oven to 425 degrees. Add the flour, salt, 1 1/2 tsp of sugar, and baking powder into a large bowl and combine with a wooden spoon. Put in the 2/3 cup of melted butter and water and fully combined. Add in 1 Tbsp of sprinkles and combine again, it should still be crumbly. Press the dough into the base of the pie pan and up the edges. Place the crust into the oven for 10-12 minutes to bake until light brown. Take the crust out and when you do, lower the temperature to 375 degrees.
Step 2. Add 1 cup of sugar, cinnamon, and 1/4 cup of cornstarch into a saucepan and cook on medium heat. Add in the milk and whisk to combine until it comes to a boil. Allow it to boil for 2 minutes while stirring before taking it off the heat and whisking in the vanilla and butter. Allow it to cool slightly before adding 1 1/2 Tbsp of the sprinkles. Mix the sprinkles in just once so the sprinkles don’t bleed and add the filling to the baked crust. Sprinkle with more jimmies on top before baking for another 20 minutes in the oven.
Step 3. Take the pie out of the oven and allow it to cool. Place the pie into the fridge for 2 hours to chill. Serve and enjoy!
What Crust Tastes The Best With Christmas Pie?
The crust that is in this recipe is perfect with this pie, but if you need different options, here are a few great ones. You can use an Oreo or Golden Oreo crust or use a simple graham cracker crust.
Tips & Tricks
Use premade crust if you prefer.
You can use any kind of sprinkles that you line. Holiday jimmies tend to run less than other types.
Place the pie in an airtight container for the best storage method. You can keep it in the fridge for up to 5 days.
More Christmas Recipes:
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup butter melted
- 6 Tbsp water
- 3 Tbsp holiday Jimmie sprinkles
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup butter cubed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Whipped cream optional for topping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl using a wooden spoon mix together the flour, salt, 1 ½ teaspoon sugar, and baking powder.
- Stir in the ⅔ cup melted butter and water.
- Stir together until everything is combined.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon of holiday jimmies sprinkles.
- It will still be crumbly.
- Pat the dough across the bottom of the pie pan and up the sides.
- Bake the crust for 10-12 minutes until the crust turns just lightly golden.
- When you remove the crust from the oven lower the oven temperature to 375 degrees.
- Meanwhile, make your filling.
- In a saucepan add 1 cup of sugar, cinnamon, and ¼ cup of cornstarch.
- Turn the heat to medium and whisk in the milk.
- Continue whisking and stirring until the mixture comes up to a boil.
- Let the mixture boil for 2 minutes while still stirring.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in your vanilla and cubed butter.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- Once the filling has slightly cooled add 1 ½ tablespoons of holiday Jimmie sprinkles. Just stir once to incorporate these as you don’t want them to melt or the colors to bleed.
- Pour the filling into the crust and sprinkle the remaining sprinkles on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove and let cool.
- Once cool place in the refrigerator to chill for 2 hours.