Traditional spritz cookies are a holiday favorite. These cookies are easy to make, and they’re always a hit with friends and family. You’ll love the sweet and buttery flavor of these cookies!
Easy Spritz Cookies
Do you love cookies? This spritz cookie recipe is so easy to make and will be ready before you know it! We guarantee that your family and friends will love these delicious treats. You won’t believe how simple this recipe is. They are sure to become a staple of your holiday baking list.
What is a Spritz Cookie?
A spritz cookie is a German Christmas Cookie. A spritz cookie is a buttery, nutty, and vibrant cookie made with ingredients like flour, butter, sugar, and eggs.
What is the difference between Spritz Cookies and Butter Cookies?
Spritz cookies and butter cookies are prepared differently. Butter cookies require a lot of chilling before baking and they have a different texture than spritz cookies. Spritz cookies are baked immediately with no additional chilling which gives them a tender crumb texture.
Important Ingredients You Will Need For Spritz Cookies
- Almond Extract- The almond extract is a classic in these cookies. You want to make sure to include it in the batter.
- Leaf Green and Forest Green Gel Food Coloring- You want to use these green colors in order to get the right color in this cookie. If you choose another green, make sure you are using gel coloring.
- Christmas Sprinkles- You can use whatever Christmas sprinkles that you have. You ca go very basic or get as crazy as you like.
How to Make Spritz Cookies
Step 1- Combining the Ingredients.
Set the oven to 350 degrees and use parchment paper to line two cookie sheets. Add the butter, powdered sugar, and salt into a large bowl or standing mixer and combine until light and fluffy. Pour in the egg, vanilla, and almond extract and combine again until fully incorporated. Slowly add in the flour and combine.
Step 2- Coloring the Dough.
Separate the dough into 3 bowls. Add a couple of drops of green food coloring into one bowl, and a couple of drops of the forest green coloring into the second bowl. Lastly, leave the third bowl uncolored.
Step 3- Cookie Press.
Follow the instructions for the cookie press if you have never used it before.
Once the cookies are pressed, transfer to the prepared baking sheets and top with Christmas sprinkles.
Serve and enjoy!
Step 4- Baking.
Place the cookies into the oven for 8-12 minutes or until light brown. Let the cookies cool on the tray before taking them off. Serve and enjoy!
How to Store Spritz Cookies?
First, you will need to place the recipe into an airtight container for the best storage method. Secondly, you will need to store them either at room temperature, in the fridge, or in the freezer. Storing this recipe in the freezer will allow the recipe to last a lot longer.
More Cookie Recipes:
- Christmas Funfetti Cookies
- Haystack Cookies (No-Bake)
- Christmas Light Cookies
- No-Bake Avalanche Cookies
Christmas Spritz Cookies
- 1 C unsalted butter softened
- 1 1/4 C powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pure almond extract
- 2 1/2 C flour
- 1 Cookie Press
- Leaf Green and Forest Green gel food coloring
- Christmas Sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper
- Using a large bowl or standing mixer, cream the butter, powdered sugar, and salt until light and fluffy
- Beat in the egg, vanilla, and almond extract
- Gradually beat in the flour until combined
- Divide the dough into three bowls
- In one bowl, mix in a few drops of leaf green gel food coloring
- In the second bowl, mix in a few drops of forest green gel food coloring
- Leave the third bowl of dough as is
- If you have never used a cookie press before, follow the directions on the back of the cookie press box
- Once your cookies are pressed onto the cookie sheets, add the Christmas sprinkles on top
- Bake in the oven for 8-12 minutes or until the cookies look baked
- Allow the cookies to cool before removing them from the trays and enjoying!
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.