Salted Caramel Bundt Cake
This Salted Caramel Bundt Cake is a sweet and salty treat that will tantalize your taste buds. Baked with love and lots of delicious salted caramel, this Bundt Cake is perfect for any occasion! Serve it up at your next party and watch it disappear in minutes!
Salted Caramel Bundt Cake
This Salted Caramel Bundt Cake is the perfect blend of salty and sweet, with a rich caramel flavor that will make your mouth water. It’s moist and delicious, so you won’t be able to stop at one slice! You can use this bundt cake as an easy dessert or even as a breakfast treat. Serve it on its own or top it with some vanilla ice cream for extra richness. There are endless possibilities when it comes to serving this scrumptious cake!
What You Need to Make Caramel Bundt Cake
(full amounts in recipe box below)
- Instant Caramel Pudding
- Canola Oil
- Baking Powder
- Light Brown Sugar
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Powdered Sugar
Can I Add Nuts to the Caramel Bundt Cake?
This cake is perfect as it is but sometimes, you just want something to take it over the top. Adding chopped nuts to this caramel bundt cake will taste great. You can use any kind of nuts, but I think pecan or walnuts taste the best.
How to Make Salted Caramel Bundt Cake
Step 1- Preheating.
Set the oven to 350 degrees and use a non-stick cooking spray to grease a 9-inch bundt pan.
Step 2- Starting the batter.
In a bowl, add in the butter and sugar and combine in an electric mixer until creamy. (about 4 minutes)
Step 3- Pudding.
Switch the mixer speed to high and add in the pudding and beat again to combine.
Step 4- Combining the wet ingredients.
One at a time, add in the egg and combine after each addition. In a small bowl, add in the milk, oil, and vanilla and mix to combine. Add the mixture into the butter mixture and combine until fully incorporated.
Step 5- Combining the dry ingredients.
Add in the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt into a bowl and combine using a whisk.
Step 6- Combining the wet and dry ingredients.
Add the dry ingredients into the wet slowly and on low until combined. Mix until fully incorporated until it forms a cake batter. Take the bowl off of the electric mixer and finish combining the ingredients using a rubber spatula. (DO NOT OVERMIX)
Step 7- Baking.
Add the batter into the prepared pan and place it into the oven for 6o minutes at 350 degrees. Take the cake out of the oven to check if it is done. Place a toothpick in the center to check for doneness. If the batter is still wet, place the cake back into the oven for another 5 minutes and keep doing this until the cake is fully baked.
Step 8- Cooling the cake.
Flip the finished cake onto a wire rack. (if the cake has a hard time coming out, allow it to rest for 10 minutes before trying again) Once the cake is out of the pan and on the rack, allow it to cool thoroughly while you make the sauce.
Step 1- Making the sauce.
Add the butter, sugar, and heavy cream into a medium pot and combine over medium heat. Allow the mixture to come to a simmer and continue to whisk for 4-5 minutes until thick and dark.
Step 2- Cooling the sauce.
Add the sauce into a deep bowl and allow it to cool for 20-40 minutes until cool.
Step 3- Thickening the sauce.
Divide the cooled sauce and place one half to the side. In one portion of the sauce, add in the powdered sugar and salt and combine on high-speed in an electric mixer until thick. (if needed, you can add 1-3 tbsp of heavy cream)
Step 4- Topping the cake.
Add the first set of sauce (powdered sugar/salt) on top of the cake and allow it to firm slightly. Then, pour the other portion of the sauce on top.
Step 5- Serving.
Slice the cake into 12 pieces and serve.
Can This Be Made in a Different Pan?
You can make a bundt cake in a regular cake pan. It does change the cooking time though. It also changes the texture of the cake slightly because there is less cake to pan touching. Bake the cake for 20 minutes and then start testing to see if it is done.
How to Store the Bundt Cake?
This Salted Caramel Bundt Cake can be stored at room temperature. Make sure to keep it covered well. I like to use a cake cover like this one which is perfect for a bundt cake like this one. (https://www.amazon.com/Nordic-Ware-50022-Bundt-Keeper/dp/B005EZ0U1U/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=cake+cover&qid=1638724019&sr=8-6)
More Bundt Cakes:
- Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
- Whiskey Bundt Cake
- Apple Cider Bundt Cake
- Caramel Apple Bundt Cake
- Key Lime Bundt Cake
Salted Caramel Bundt Cake
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 small box instant caramel pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar sifted
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prep a 9 inch bundt pan with non-stick baking spray.
- Add butter and sugar in a bowl. Use an electric mixer to cream the two together.
- (about 4 minutes)
- Increase the mixer speed to high and add the pudding mix. Whip until blended.
- Add each egg, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add milk, oil, and vanilla together in a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Stir as you add the milk mixture to the butter mixture until completely blended.
- Set aside.
- Whisk the flour,cornstarch, baking powder,and salt together.
- Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet ingredients with an electric mixer set on low.
- Continue to mix the ingredients until all of the flour ingredients are mixed with the wet
- ingredients and the cake batter forms.
- Remove the electric mixer and use a rubber spatula to completely blend everything together.
- Do not over mix.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes. Remove from the oven to check if the cake is done.
- Check by inserting a toothpick in the center of the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean the
- cake is done. If the toothpick comes out with batter on it then return it to the oven.
- Continue to bake for another 5 minutes and check again. If still not done, return to the oven.
- Continue this process until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Set on the counter to cool while still in the pan for 15 minutes.
- Turn the bundt cake upside down on a cookie rack.
- If the cake doesn’t come out easily, leave it on the rack for about 10 minutes.
- Allow the cake to loosen from the cake pan on its own.
- Once out of the pan let the cake cool completely.
- With a medium pot set on medium heat whisk together the butter, sugar, and heavy cream.
- When the ingredients begin to bubble, gently continue to whisk for 4-5 minutes.
- The sauce will thicken and become dark in color.
- Pour the sauce into a deep bowl to cool to room temperature for 20-40 minutes.
- Divide the sauce in half. Set one half aside.
- Add powdered sugar and salt. Use an electric mixer on a high speed whip until a thick glaze
- forms. If necessary add 1-3 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream to make the thick glaze.
- Pour this over the top of the cake. Allow to set.
- Drizzle the other half of the sauce over the top of the cake.
- Cut into 12 slices and serve.