Looking for an incredible side dish recipe? This Cilantro Lime Coleslaw recipe is a great choice to add a punch of flavor to your dish. This Cilantro Slaw is a simple blend of homemade dressing and fresh ingredients for a delicious healthy side dish.
Cilantro Lime Coleslaw
This Cilantro Lime Coleslaw is heaven in a bowl, it is so good! Not only is this amazing slaw completely homemade, but it is also packed with healthy ingredients. You can choose to cut up all your own veggies or buy a bag of store-bought coleslaw mix. You will blend up a bunch of ingredients to make your dressing then combine them together for a simple and quick coleslaw recipe. Don’t be afraid to enjoy your meal with a couple more side dishes to fill up your plate. You can add these tasty Slow Cooker Cowboy Beans or Crock Pot Creamed Corn.
- Coleslaw- You can cut up your own veggies or buy a store-bought bag.
- Cilantro- This will add a strong tangy flavor to your dish.
- Mayonnaise- This will give a thick and flavorful dressing.
- Sour Cream- This will add richness to your dressing.
- Lime Juice– Use fresh lime juice for the best flavoring.
- Lime Zest- Be sure to zest your limes before juicing them.
- Ground Cumin- This will add a bit of spice to the recipe.
- Garlic Powder- This will add a great aroma to the dressing.
- Ground Cayenne– This will add another smoky and spicy flavor.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in the recipe.
- Black Pepper- This will be for additional taste.
How to Make Cilantro Lime Coleslaw
In a large bowl, put in the coleslaw and throw away the dressing package.
In a large glass, add all of the dressing ingredients
You can use a hand mixer or you may also use a food processor to blend as well.
Combine the dressing and coleslaw and toss.
Place a cover on the recipe and put it into the fridge to chill for 2 hours to allow all of the flavors to meld.
Enjoy as a side dish for a meal or on our BBQ Chicken Sandwich.
Ways to Serve Coleslaw
There are only about two different ways to serve the coleslaw. You can definitely enjoy this recipe by itself or with the main meal. You can also gather other sandwich recipes like pulled pork, chicken, or other meats and top it with coleslaw and enjoy it that way. I like to add it to my BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwich and as a side with my BBQ Chicken Tiktok Wrap.
Can It Be Make Ahead
This recipe can be made ahead of time. All you have to do is prepare the dressing and veggies if you decide to make your own homemade version of the slaw veggies. You can store the ingredients in the fridge until you are ready to combine them.
More Side Dish Recipes:
- Easy Apple Slaw Recipe
- Instant Pot Twice Baked Potatoes
- 5 Ingredient Souper Rice
- Easy Jalapeno Cornbread
Cilantro Lime Coleslaw
- Add the coleslaw mix to a large bowl and discard the included dressing package.
- Add the remaining ingredients to a large glass and use an immersion blender to blend until smooth. You can also add them to a food processor.
- Pour the dressing over the slaw and toss to coat.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours to let the flavors meld. Enjoy by itself or on sandwiches.