This BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwich made in the Slow Cooker is a game-changer for your lunch or dinner. This recipe is super easy and made in the crock pot for a few hours to perfection. This is a great dinner idea to make for for family or guests and only takes a few minutes to prepare.
BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwich
This BBQ Pulled Chicken is so good and has a delicious blend of seasonings to enhance its flavor. This barbecue sandwich recipe is made within 5 minutes and the slow cooker does the cooking for you. You can serve your pulled chicken sandwiches with this Cilantro Lime Coleslaw. I think it is amazing on top of the sandwich. Use the leftover chicken to make this amazing BBQ Chicken Quesadilla.
- Chicken- You will need about 3lbs of boneless and skinless chicken.
- Homemade BBQ Sauce Recipe This will be the base of your sauce for the recipe.
- Molasses- This will add and thick and rich consistency to the pulled chicken.
- Apple Cider Vinegar- This will be added to the base sauce for the recipe.
- Brown Sugar- This will add a rich flavor to the recipe.
- Worcestershire Sauce- This will add a smoky flavor to the sauce.
- Black Pepper- This will be added for taste.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in the recipe.
- Onion Powder- This will add a wonderful aroma to the recipe.
- Cayenne Pepper- This will add a spicy taste to the pulled chicken.
- Cornstarch- This will be mixed with water and added to your chicken.
- Water- This will be combined with your cornstarch.
How to Make BBQ Pulled Chicken
Add the chicken into your slow cooker.
Combine the BBQ sauce, molasses, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, light brown sugar, pepper, salt, onion powder, and cayenne pepper into a medium bowl and mix until combined.
Add the sauce onto the chicken and cook in the slow cooker for 2-3 hours on high or 4-6 on low.
When done, remove the chicken from the slow cooker and put it onto a cutting board, and shred.
Add the cornstarch and water into a bowl and whisk while the chicken is sitting out of the slow cooker.
Put the chicken back into the slow cooker and cooker for an additional 30 minutes until the sauce is soaked up and the chicken is tender.
Add the pulled chicken to your choice of a brioche bun with a side of coleslaw or serve in quesadillas or taco shells.
Serve with Cilantro Lime Coleslaw and enjoy!
Can you overcook chicken in a slow cooker?
It is possible to overcook the pulled chicken. You will want to make sure to follow the directed time and check every now and then on your recipe. If left on for too long, it will become too tough.
What’s the best way to shred chicken?
The best way to shred chicken is with two forks for a simple route. You can also use bear claws if you have them to shred as well. Another way to shred chicken is to use your mixer. This is one of the easiest ways. Place the hot chicken in the bowl and turn the mixer on. All of these ways are simple and quick ways to get the perfect shredded chicken.
More Slow Cooker Recipes:
- Shrimp and Corn Chowder (Slow Cooker)
- The Best Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- Slow Cooker BBQ Pineapple Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Olive Garden Chicken Pasta
BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwich
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 16 ounces barbecue sauce 2 cups
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar packed
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1½ teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Place chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the barbecue sauce, molasses, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, light brown sugar, pepper, salt, onion powder, and cayenne pepper until combined.
- Pour the sauce over the top of the chicken and cook for 2 to 3 hours on high or 4 to 6 hours on low.
- Once the chicken is done, remove it from the slow cooker and shred it on a cutting board.
- While the chicken is out of the slow cooker, whisk together the cornstarch and water then add to the sauce and whisk to combine.
- Add the chicken back into the sauce and stir to combine. Cook on low for an additional 30 minutes so the sauce can soak into the meat and thicken.
- Serve warm on a toasted brioche bun with slaw and pickles or use in tacos, quesadillas, and more.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.