I remember my Grandma making this delicious cinnamon apple cake recipe when I was a little girl. The combination of cinnamon, apple, and walnuts is perfection. This is an old fashioned cake recipe that is loved by everyone and very easy to make.
Recipe For Apple Cake
This cake is so moist and forms a crumb topping with it’s wonderful cinnamon flavor. We chop up our apples pretty well so there are not huge apple chunks, but you can adjust to your liking. The classic combo of sweetness, spice and everything nice!
Watch The Recipe Video!
Ingredients You Will Need:
- Butter – make sure the unsalted butter is softened.
- Sugars – you will need granulated sugar and dark brown sugar
- Eggs – 2 room temperature eggs.
- Vanilla extract – this adds a nice flavor to the apple cake.
- Flour – all-purpose flour
- Baking soda – this is added for the cake to rise.
- Cinnamon – ground cinnamon is a key ingredient in this apple cake recipe.
- Apples – you will need 2 medium apples. Whatever apples you prefer will work for this recipe
- Nuts – we prefer to use walnuts, but feel free to use any nuts that you like.
What You’ll Love This Cinnamon Apple Cake Recipe:
This apple cinnamon cake is great for dessert or even breakfast. We make this a lot for the company and it always gets raves reviews with everyone wanting the recipe. This is also the perfect “snack cake” for my boys when they come home from school wanting a sweet treat. I love how easy this is to whip up with only a 20 minute prep time.
Cake is a classic easy dessert, whether it’s a chocolate or vanilla cake or even something with a bit of spice and fruit like this Cinnamon Apple Cake recipe.
How To Make Apple Cake
- Heat oven to 350°F and prepare cake pan.
- Beat the butter and sugars, then add in the eggs. Add in vanilla, and dry ingredients. Fold in the chopped apples and walnuts. Spoon the batter into cake pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes and cool. Cut the warm cake into slices and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream (if desired).
- The best baking apples are slightly tart, hold their shape during the cooking process and aren’t too juicy. Our favorites are Granny Smith, Jonathan or Janagold , Cortland, Braeburn and Honeycrisp apples.
- You can also shred the apples if you do not prefer that larger apple bite. Sometimes kids that get weird about food texture like it better like this and also eliminating the nuts.
- Another idea is a dusting of confectioners’ sugar on the cooled cake or drizzle with a glaze or caramel sauce.
- Serving this warm with ice cream is our favorite. You could also tip with whipped cream.
Other Apple Cake Recipes:
- Apple Upside-Down Cake
- Apple Butter Cake
- Caramel Apple Dump Cake
- Apple Cider Donut Cake
- Apple Pie Layered Cake
Cinnamon Apple Cake Recipe
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat softened butter and sugars with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in vanilla, flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir in the chopped apples and walnuts. Spoon into your greased pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool about 10-15 minutes. Cut the warm cake into slices and serve with ice cream.