This Upside Down Apple Cake recipe is a beautifully moist and flavorful cake that will be the perfect addition to any occasion. It’s topped with delicious, juicy apple slices and drizzled in caramel sauce for an extra burst of flavor! The best part about this cake is that it can be made ahead of time so you don’t have to worry about last-minute baking stress.
Upside Down Apple Cake
This Apple Cake recipe is sure to make everyone fall in love with the first bite because of how delicious it is! This recipe is soft, fluffy, and topped with a tasty caramel sauce that will just melt in your mouth. Upside Down Cake is a great way to make a delicious dessert in no time. If you like this dessert, then this Crockpot Pineapple Upside Down Cake or these Peach Upside Down Mini Cakes are another great choice to make.
- Butter– Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Brown Sugar– This will add richness to the cake.
- Cinnamon– This will be used for additional flavoring.
- Vanilla– Use pure extract for the best flavoring.
- Apples– You can use Granny Smith Apples for this recipe.
- Flour– Use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Baking Powder– This will allow the recipe to rise in the oven.
- Nutmeg– This will give the cake a wonderful aroma.
- Salt– This will bring out the flavors in the recipe.
- Sugar– This sugar is always used in the best recipes.
- Eggs– Use these at room temperature.
- Milk– You can use whole or 2 % for this recipe.
How to Make Upside Down Apple Cake
To start, set the oven to 350 degrees and use parchment paper to line the inside and outside of a 9-inch springform pan. Doing this will keep the cake from leaking any of the caramel mixtures.
Next, place the prepared pan onto a cookie sheet.
First, add the butter and brown sugar into a pot and whisk to combine until melted.
Secondly, mix continuously for 2 minutes until it thickens, then add in the cinnamon and vanilla and whisk to combine.
Thirdly, add the mixture into the prepared pan.
Next, put the apples in a design on top of the caramel sauce, then set aside.
To begin, add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt into a medium bowl and combine using a whisk.
First, add the butter, brown sugar, sugar, eggs, and vanilla into a large bowl and beat until fluffy and combined.
Secondly, pour in the milk and beat until smooth.
Thirdly, add the batter into the prepared pan and use a spatula to smooth it evenly.
Next, place the recipe into the oven for 35-45 minutes or until a tester toothpick comes out clean of batter.
Furthermore, you will take the recipe out of the oven and place it on the counter for a few minutes to cool.
In addition, take the springform off of the pan carefully.
To finish, put the cake on a plate and take it out of the pan.
Serve and Enjoy!
How to Store It?
Storing this recipe is very simple to do. You can place the recipe into an air-tight container for the best storage method. You can decide to keep this at room temperature, in the fridge, or in the freezer. Storing in the fridge or freezer can make the recipe last longer.
What are the best baking apples?
For this recipe, you will need 2 large apples. The best kind of baking apples is Granny Smith Apples or Honey Crisp. These apples will bake well and add incredible flavor and texture to your dessert.
More Upside Down Recipes:
- Banana Upside Down Cake
- Pineapple Upside Down Cupcakes
- Homemade Apple Upside Down Cake
- Pineapple Upside Down Monkey Bread
Upside Down Apple Cake
- 1 ⁄2 C unsalted butter
- 1 ⁄2 C light brown sugar
- 1 ⁄2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 ⁄2 C vanilla extract
- 2 large apples peeled and sliced into 1⁄4 in slices
- 1 1 ⁄2 C flour
- 1 1 ⁄2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1 ⁄2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 ⁄4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 ⁄2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 ⁄2 C unsalted butter softened
- 1 ⁄2 C sugar
- 1 ⁄2 C light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ⁄4 C milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9in a springform pan with parchment paper
- Line the springform pan on the outside with foil to avoid leakage from the caramel mixture
- Place on a cookie sheet
- Using a pot, combine the butter and brown sugar and whisk until melted
- Continue to cook while stirring constantly for 2 minutes or until the mixture thickens
- Whisk in the cinnamon and vanilla extract
- Pour the mixture into the springform pan
- Place the apple slices in a decorative form into the caramel sauce
- Set aside
- Using a medium bowl whisk the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Set aside
- Using a large bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until combined and
- Gradually beat in the dry ingredients until combined and the batter is smooth
- Beat in the milk until combined and smooth
- Pour the batter into the springform pan and smooth evenly
- Bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Remove and allow to cool on the counter for a few minutes
- Carefully remove the springform from the pan
- Place the cake onto a serving plate and remove the cake pan from the cake
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.