Circus Animal Sugar Cookies are a yummy homemade sugar cookie recipe filled with crushed frosted animal crackers and sprinkles.
This is definitely not the first time we’ve made a dessert with or inspired by those classic circus animal cookies. Check out our favorites below.
Circus Animal Sugar Cookies
To make these, we are basically going to just mix up a delicious, basic sugar cookie recipe, and then fill it with frosted animal cookies. Sounds pretty easy, right? My kids are crazy over these. It’s basically a cookie inside another cookie!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Circus Animal Cookies
How To Make Circus Animal Sugar Cookies
- Mix. Melt the butter and mix with the sugar until its creamy. Next, add the eggs and then the vanilla.
- Stir. In a separate bowl, stir your dry ingredients. Then, add that to your wet mixture and combine them together.
- Fold. Once the batter is ready, fold in the crushed cookies and sprinkles.
- Bake. Scoop the dough out by the tablespoon onto an un-greased baking sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes. When they are almost done baking, pull them out and add a full cookie on top and cook for another minutes.
- Cool. Let the cookies cool and enjoy!
Here’s an extra hack for you: if you are super pressed on time and patience, use a store bought sugar cookie mix instead of going fully homemade, and just skip to the part where we add cookies and sprinkles.
You can store these at room temperature and enjoy within 4-5 days. Serve them up with a big glass of milk or make them for a fun circus themed birthday party!
More Yummy Recipes To Try
Circus Animal Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup of butter - melted
- 1 2/3 cups of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of Vanilla
- 3 cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons of cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 3 Tablespoons of Nonpareils
- 16 Circus Animal cookies - crushed see link for cookies
- 1 package of Circus Animal cookies - for topping cookies
- Cream together the melted butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Add vanilla and mix until well blended.
- In a separate bowl add the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir together until completely blended.
- Add the flour mixture to the mixing bowl, a little at a time, until all the flour has been added, and mix well.
- Remove the mixing bowl from the stand mixer and gently fold in the sprinkles and the crushed Animal cookies.
- Drop by tablespoonful onto an un-greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes or until light golden brown.
- When cookies are almost done, remove cookie sheet, and place an animal cookie in the center of each cookie. Place cookie sheet back in the oven for 1 minute, then remove cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- When cookies are cool, serve, and enjoy!