This Fruit Loop Cake is a super fun layered cake for anyone who loves cereal, especially Fruit Loops! Topped white chocolate that looks like pouring milk, this is a really fun treat.
We have made so many fun layered cakes you may want to try after this, like our Cherry Coke Cake. Down at the bottom of this post we have even more cakes with cereal.
Fruit Loop Cake
This, essentially, is a basic white boxed cake mix, colored with fun and bright colors and topped with real cereal. My favorite part of this, is the top that really looks like milk is being poured on top. It’s so cool!
Making White Chocolate “Milk”
This is made just from melted white chocolate chips. You’ll also need a balloon and a safety pin.
The basics: Blow up a balloon and pour the melted chocolate over it. Place it in the fridge until it’s hardened, then pop the balloon.
Here Is What You’ll Need for The Cake
- Cake Mix. Any brand you want, so long as it is white (not yellow.)
- Eggs. You’ll just be using the egg whites.
- Canola Oil.
- Gel food coloring. Grab pink, blue and bright green.
Fruit Loop Cake Recipe
- Mix. Use a beater to mix up all the cake ingredients.
- Color. Separate 3/4 of the batter into three small bowls and color each with a different color of gel dye.
- Bake. Pour the white cake into three round cake pans and dollop the colored batter on top to make a tie dye effect. Bake them for about 30 minutes.
Decorate the Cake
After you’ve made your homemade vanilla icing, frost your cake. Scoop some cereal around the base of the cake and scatter some on top.
When you add the chocolate “milk” on top, fill it with more Fruit Loops to make it look like a full bowl of cereal!
More Cakes You’ll Probably Love
Fruit Loop Cake
White Chocolate Milk Splash Ingredients
- 1 C white chocolate chips melted
- 4 small 5in balloons
- Two bowls
- Safety pin
- 2 boxes of white cake mix
- 8 large Egg whites
- 2 ½ C water
- 1 C canola oil
- Pink blue and leaf green gel food coloring
- 3 small bowls
- 3 - 9 inch round cake pans
- 1 - 10 inch round cake board
Vanilla Frosting Ingredients
- 3 C unsalted butter softened
- 6 C powdered sugar
- 5 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 box of Fruit Loops Cereal
White Chocolate "Milk" Directions
- Blow up your balloons to about the size you are wanting and place them
- into a small bowl with tape on the sides to keep them standing upright
- Melt ¾ C of your white chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second increments until melted
- Mix in the ¼ C of the white chocolate chips into the melted chocolate
- Spoon the melted chocolate onto the top of the balloon into a splashed milk design by covering the top of the balloon and creating drips around the sides to give the splash effect
- Carefully place the balloon into the fridge
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray cake pans with pam baking spray
- Using a hand mixer and large bowl, beat all cake ingredients until combined and smooth
- Scoop ¾ C of batter into each of the 3 bowls
- Mix in a few drops of Pink food coloring into one bowl
- Mix in a few drops of Blue food coloring into the second bowl
- Mix in a few drops of Leaf Green food coloring into the third bowl
- Divide the remaining white batter between the 3 cake pans
- Scoop each colored batter in dollops onto the white batter
- Place into the oven and back for 28-32 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow to cool completely
- Using a standing mixer, beat all ingredients except for the color until combined and smooth but stiff with peaks
- Place one cake layer onto the cake board and cut the dome off the cake to make an even layer
- Repeat step with other two layers
- Scoop 1 C of white frosting onto the bottom layer and spread evenly
- Place the second cake layer on top and spread evenly 1 more cup of frosting
- Place the last layer of cake on top and frost with remaining white frosting
- Place the cake in the fridge to allow the base frosting to harden for about 30 minutes
- Coat the bottom of the layered cake with fruit loops
- Carefully remove the balloon from the fridge and remove from the bowl
- Hold the chocolate part in your hand
- Using a safety pin, carefully pop the balloon and remove it from the chocolate
- Carefully place the chocolate bowl onto the top of the cake
- Fill it halfway with the cereal
- Cut and enjoy!