Cranberry Brie Bites are a quick Christmas appetizer that is beautiful and delicious. We show you how to use Fillo dough and puff pastry sheets both filled with creamy brie cheese and sweetened cranberries – perfect for a Holiday party.
Cranberry Brie Bites Recipe
These only take five ingredients and take roughly just 20 minutes to make both of these versions from start to finish. If you’ve never baked with Fillo shells, you’re going to love them. These make the perfect Holiday appetizer. They are light and flaky pastry shells already shaped into a small cup perfect for filling. Crescent rolls are also a delicious way to serve these cranberry brie bites.
I’ve really got into the cranberry craze this season. There are just so many great ways to use this fruit besides cranberry sauce. A few of my new favorites are Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies, Cranberry Mimosas and Cranberry Christmas Cake.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
For Fillo Shells
- Mini Fillo Shells – you will find these in the freezer section at the grocery store.
- Cranberries – we use fresh cranberries, but you can also use frozen.
- Brie cheese
- Fresh Rosemary – optional
For Crescent Rolls
- Crescent roll dough – puff pastry sheets can also be used.
- Brie Cheese
- Cranberry Sauce – use store bought or make our easy homemade cranberry sauce.
- Orange marmalade
- Pecans – chopped walnuts can also be used.
- Fresh rosemary sprigs – optional
How To Make Cranberry Brie Bites Using Fillo Shells
Recipes that are easy to make but look beautiful and fancy like this one are my favorite! Here is how to make them.
- Cook your cranberries.
- Fill Fillo shells with brie cheese.
- Bake the cups with cheese only.
- Top with cranberries.
How To Make Cranberry Brie Bites with Crescent Rolls or Puff Pastry
- Mix the cranberry sauce and orange marmalade. Slice the brie cheese into cubes.
- Roll out the crescent dough and cut into squares. Gently press each square into the mini muffin tin.
- Add the brie cheese, 1 tablespoon of cranberry-orange mixture, and a pinch of chopped pecans to each mini muffin.
- Bake until golden and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
- To avoid having mushy cranberries and so they keep their shape, remove them from the heat as soon as they pop.
- You can use fresh OR frozen cranberries.
- If you aren’t a fan of brie cheese or just want to leave it out, you totally can! Just skip that step, but still bake the phyllo cups prior to adding the cranberries.
- If you DO add the cheese, remember brie melts down about 50% so fill those shells completely. Don’t worry about overdoing it.
- Feel free to change out the cranberry to raspberry jam or pepper jelly.
Cranberry Brie Bites
Crescent Roll Ingredients
Fillo Shells Ingredients
- 1 15-count count package frozen mini fillo shells
- 1 3-ounce package of brie cheese
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons white granulated sugar
- fresh rosemary sprigs optional
Using Crescent Rolls
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray cooking spray onto a mini muffin pan.
- Add the whole cranberry sauce and orange marmalade to a bowl and mix until well combined. Set aside. Slice the brie cheese into small, 1-inch squares using a sharp knife (feel free to leave the rind on). Set aside.
- Roll out the crescent roll dough onto a floured surface (a clean countertop or cutting board works!). Use your fingers to press the perforated lines together so that the dough makes one large rectangle. Using a sharp knife, cut the crescent roll dough into 24 equally-sized squares. Gently press each square into the mini muffin pan molds.
- Add 1 cube of brie cheese, 1 tablespoon of cranberry-orange mixture, and a pinch of chopped pecans to each mini muffin.
- Bake the bites for 10-12 minutes, or until the dough is golden. Allow the bites to cool for about 10 minutes before removing from the mini muffin pan. Garnish each bite with a small sprig of rosemary. Serve and enjoy!
Using Fillo Cups
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. On an ungreased cookie sheet evenly place the fillo shells right side up, about one inch apart. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the cranberries, water and sugar and stir. Top with a one inch piece of rosemary. Bring the sauce to a boil over medium heat, then reduce to low. Stirring until the cranberries pop, then immediately remove from the heat and discard the rosemary. Set aside.
- Slice the brie into 15 pieces and distribute into the fillo shells.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 5 minutes or until the brie is smooth and melted. Remove from oven and place 3-5 cranberries in each fillo shell.
- Garnish with small sprig of rosemary, if desired and serve immediately.