Cranberry Brie Bites
Cranberry Brie Bites is a quick Christmas snack that is beautiful and delicious. A pastry filled with cheese and fresh cranberries is perfect for a holiday party.
I’ve really got into the cranberry craze this season. There are just so many great ways to use this fruit besides cranberry sauce. A few of my new favorites are Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies, Cranberry Mimosas and Cranberry Christmas Cake.
Cranberry Brie Bites Recipe
These only take five ingredients and take roughly just 20 minutes to make start to finish. If you’ve never baked with Fillo shells, you’re going to love them. They are light and flaky pastry shells already shaped into a small cup perfect for filling.
- Mini Fillo Shells
How To Make Cranberry Brie Bites
Recipes that are easy to make but look beautiful and fancy like this one are my favorite! Here is how to make them.
- Cook your cranberries.
- Fill fillo shells with brie cheese.
- Bake the cups with cheese only.
- Top with cranberries.
- To avoid having mushy cranberries and so they keep their shape, remove them from the heat as soon as they pop.
- You can use fresh OR frozen cranberries.
- If you aren’t a fan of brie cheese or just want to leave it out, you totally can! Just skip that step, but still bake the Fillo shells prior to adding the cranberries.
- If you DO add the cheese, remember brie melts down about 50% so fill those shells completely. Don’t worry about overdoing it.
Cranberry Brie Bites
- 1 15 count package frozen mini fillo shells
- 1 3 ounce package of brie cheese
- 1 cup cranberries fresh or frozen
- ¼ cup water
- 2 Tablespoons white granulated sugar
- A few sprigs of rosemary- optional
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
On an ungreased cookie sheet evenly place the fillo shells right side up, about one inch apart. Set aside.
In a small saucepan, combine the cranberries and water stir. Top with a one inch piece of rosemary.
Bring the sauce to a boil over medium heat, then reduce to low. Stirring until the cranberries pop, then immediately remove from the heat and discard the rosemary. Set aside.
Slice the brie into 15 pieces and distribute into the fillo shells.
Bake in preheated oven for about 5 minutes or until the brie is smooth and melted.
Remove from oven and place 3-5 cranberries in each fillo shell.
Garnish with small sprig of rosemary, if desired and serve immediately.