This Cranberry Sauce is so delicious and takes this dish to a whole new level. You won’t be stuck with eating plain cranberry sauce anymore. You will have a side dish packed with amazing flavor and perfect for any occasion really. This will definitely need to be saved to your favorites.
Cinnamon Spice Cranberry Sauce
So many times when one hears the words cranberries, you automatically think of the stuff served in a can. My friends, once you open up your minds to using cranberries in your dishes, you will never think about cranberries the same way!
I have a few other tasty recipes on the blog that feature cranberries that you might want to check out such as my Christmas Cranberry Pound Cake! If bar recipes are more your speed, our Cranberry Bars topped with Crumble Topping is a game changer. If you are looking for a one bite appetizer for your holiday gatherings, our Cranberry Brie Bites are perfect.
Now, on to our delightful Cranberry Sauce Recipe!
- Cranberries- You will need to use fresh cranberries for this recipe.
- Brown sugar- This will add richness to your cranberry sauce.
- Cinnamon- You can ground your own cinnamon for the best flavoring.
- Cloves- This will add a wonderful aroma to your sauce.
- Ginger- Fresh ginger is the best to use for the best flavoring.
- Orange juice- The orange juice will add a slight citrus flavor to the recipe.
How to Make Cinnamon Spice Cranberry Sauce Recipe
Add cranberries, sugar, cinnamon, cloves, and ginger into a saucepan and mix to combine.
Add in the orange juice and spices into the cranberry mixture and bring to a boil.
Turn down the heat to medium and simmer uncovered. Mix every so often.
Simmer until a thick liquid is formed for 10 to 15 minutes and it will be done once the cranberries have popped and softened.
You can choose how “chunky” you would like your cranberry sauce. I prefer to cook mine down for the full 15 minutes to turn it less chunky. If you would like the cranberries more defined and chunky, feel free to only cook it for 10 minutes or until the cranberries are just cooked through and still fairly intact.
How Long is Cranberry Sauce Good?
Cranberry sauce’s shelf life depends on how you store it. If you are making this amazing recipe, then stored in an airtight container in the fridge is your best option. This will allow the sauce to last about a week when made homemade.
Can I Freeze This For Later?
It is possible to put this Cranberry sauce in the freezer. This recipe however tastes the best when served and eaten immediately. It is so simple to make, but also if you need to freeze it, make sure it’s sealed correctly in an airtight container.
More Thanksgiving Recipes
- Turkey Cupcakes for Thanksgiving
- Instant Pot Turkey Breast
- Crockpot Mashed Potatoes – Super Creamy
- Sweet Potato Meringue Pie
- Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie
Cinnamon Spice Cranberry Sauce Recipe
- 1 12 ounce bag fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar lightly packed
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- Mix the cranberries with the sugar, cinnamon, cloves and ginger in a small saucepan.
- Pour the orange juice over the cranberries and spices and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down and simmer on medium heat, uncovered. Stir occasionally.
- Simmer until the cranberries have popped and softened, and the liquid has thickened, 10 to 15 minutes.