Cucumber Tomato Salad is a simple summer side dish loaded with flavor and healthy veggies. It’s topped with an easy homemade Italian dressing.
Making light and cool salads in the summer is a tradition of ours. When it’s so hot outside, we tend to want something refreshing to eat. This one is becoming a household favorite quickly.
Cucumber Tomato Salad
This juicy salad goes great as a small lunch or served alongside your grilled chicken or a hamburger. You can eat this right away or make it early if you’re saving it for a BBQ. Just cover it and keep it refrigerated until you’re ready to eat.
Ingredients You Need:
- Baby Cucumbers. If you’re used to full sized cucumbers, these are the same thing, just smaller.
- Cherry Tomatoes. We take these and cut them in half, but if you’ve got a regular tomato you want to use just cut into small cubes.
- Onion. Just a small onion will due here, sliced into really thin pieces.
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Italian Seasoning
- Garlic Salt
How To Make Cucumber Salad
- Prep. Wash and dry your veggies.
- Cut. Slice your veggies and add to a large serving bowl.
- Season. Sprinkle with salt, pepper (to taste) and then the cheese.
- Make Dressing. Whisk the oil and vinegar together. Add Italian seasonings and sugar and stir until it dissolves.
- Toss. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss it together.
Variations for Cucumber Salad
You can be a bit creative with this if you want, by adding other types of cheese like mozzarella or feta. Also, you can add in other veggies like squash, avocado or peppers. If you want some spice consider diced jalapeños or some red pepper flakes.
More Recipes To Try
Cucumber Tomato Salad
- 1 pound Baby Cucumbers washed and sliced
- 1 pound Cherry Tomatoes rinsed and cut in half
- 1 small onion sliced in thin slices
- 1/2 cup of Balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup of Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- Garlic salt to taste
- Seasoned Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan
- Wash the baby cucumbers and cherry tomatoes in cool running water, then lay them on paper towels to dry.
- Slice the cucumbers in thin slices and place them in a serving bowl.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and place them on top of the cucumbers.
- Peel and slice the onion in thin slices and place in the bowl.
- Sprinkle the cucumbers, tomatoes, and onion with parmesan, garlic salt and seasoned pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk the balsamic vinegar and olive oil together.
- Add the Italian seasoning and sugar, and whisk until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the dressing on top and toss until coated in the dressing.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until time to serve. Enjoy!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.