Looking for a fun and sweet summer treat? Make this Easy Orange Creamsicle Salad! Just six simple ingredients are needed to create a cool and creamy Jello salad filled with delicious orange citrus flavor.
Easy Jello Creamsicle Salad
Jello salads are always one of our favorite traditional side dishes for a picnic, potluck, barbecue, or family gathering. Of course they are not a “salad” in the typical sense, as they contain no lettuce or fresh vegetables. But they’ve always been known as a salad, so who are we to argue!
If you love the fresh, bright flavor combination of orange and cream, this Easy Jello Creamsicle Salad is going to be right up your alley!
For more delicious side dish and “salad” recipes, be sure to check out our Ambrosia Salad, Loaded Broccoli Salad, Strawberry Pretzel Salad, Low Carb Cauliflower Salad, and The Best Creamy Pasta Salad.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Easy Jello Creamsicle Salad (the exact measurements and full recipe instructions are below in the printable recipe card):
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 3.4 ounce package tapioca pudding mix – you’ll find the tapioca pudding mix in the pudding and gelatin mix section at the grocery store. This is a “cook and serve” mix.
- 3.5 ounce package instant vanilla pudding mix – yes, instant is the correct vanilla pudding to use, even though you will be cooking it with other ingredients.
- 3 ounce package orange gelatin mix – you can use Jello brand or a store brand of orange gelatin.
- 8 ounce container whipped topping – use either Cool Whip or a generic brand.
- 14 ounce can mandarin oranges – be sure to drain the oranges before adding them to the jello salad.
Making Easy Orange Creamsicle Salad
To begin, add the water, cook and serve tapioca pudding mix, instant vanilla pudding mix, and orange Jello mix to a large sauce pan. Whisk well to combine all of the ingredients, then heat the pan over medium heat until the liquid begins to boil.
Pour the cooked gelatin and pudding mixture into a bowl and set it aside to let it cool completely to room temperature. This will take at least an hour. You can speed up the process by cooling the mixture in the refrigerator.
Once the gelatin and pudding mix is cooled, combine it with the mandarin oranges and Cool Whip.
Scoop the creamsicle salad into a serving bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill until the Jello salad is set, at least 1 hour.
How to Serve Easy Jello Creamsicle Salad
You may want to add additional mandarin oranges to the top of the salad for garnish and extra orange flavor. We served the Jello salad in a large bowl and scooped out servings as needed. You can also spoon the salad into small cups, ramekins, or glass jars to make individual serving sized Jello salads.
How to Store the Jello Salad
Keep the Jello Creamsicle Salad chilled in the refrigerator until serving. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Easy Orange Creamsicle Salad
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, tapioca pudding mix, instant vanilla pudding mix, and orange jello mix. Heat over medium heat until the mixture begins to boil.
- Remove from the heat and pour into a large bowl. Set aside to cool to room temperature for 1 hour or until completely cooled.
- Once the jello and pudding mixture is completely cooled, stir in the mandarin oranges and the Cool Whip. Pour the mixture into a serving dish. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or until serving.