When you are planning dinner, you have to add this taco Salad recipe to your list. This Dorito Taco Salad is so Easy to make and Delicious! This yummy dinner idea is filling, inexpensive and a simple meal that the whole family will love.
You will also want to check out our Dorito Taco Pasta Salad – Delicious!
Dorito Taco Salad
Talk about the best of both worlds! This has to be one of the best salads ever. With all the same flavors as tacos, this is more than a boring salad. It’s just loaded with flavors, and it’s crunchy with a little spicy, a little sweet, and just absolutely delicious. This is one salad everybody will ask for over and over.
Ingredients You Will Need
- Iceberg lettuce
- Ground sirloin
- Chili powder
- Garlic salt
- Seasoned salt
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Ranch Style Beans
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded white cheddar
- Red bell pepper
- Green onions
- Ken’s Country French dressing
- Ortega mild taco sauce
How to Make Dorito Taco Salad
Brown the ground beef in a nonstick skillet. Drain the fat and place the meat on a paper towel lined plate.
Return the meat to the pan and sprinkle it with the seasoning. Stir it together well.
Wash and chop the lettuce and spin the water off using a salad spinner and place it in the refrigerator.
Cook the bacon, drain the fat and set it aside.
Wash the tomatoes and then cut them in half.
Open the can of beans, drain them and rinse with cold water.
Clean and chop the green onions into small pieces.
Clean and chop the red bell pepper.
Using a squeeze bottle, add the taco sauce to half way and then fill the rest with french dressing and shake to combine it well.
Begin to assemble the salad by placing the lettuce on the plate and top it with the ground sirloin, bacon, beans, cherry tomatoes, pepper, cheese, and green onions. Add the dressing on top and serve with tortilla chips.
Should Taco Salad be Cold or Warm?
While the salad is served cold, the taco meat is served warm. however, if you prefer to eat it cold, you can store the meat in the refrigerator and serve it on top of the salad after it is cold.
What Goes With Taco Salad?
This easy Taco Salad is a complete meal all on its own. However, I like to serve this salad with a side of tortilla chips. Bread is also a great addition to this salad.
Other Mexian Recipes You Will Love
Dorito Taco Salad
- 1 head of Iceberg lettuce washed and chopped
- 1 pound ground beef browned and cooked well
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- Garlic salt to taste
- Seasoned salt to taste
- 12 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 container Cherry Tomatoes washed and halved
- 1 can Ranch Style Beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar
- 1 cup Red bell pepper diced
- 1 bunch green onions cleaned and chopped
- 1 bottle Ken's Country French dressing
- 1 bottle Ortega mild taco sauce
- 1 bag Doritos
- Place the ground beef in a non stick skillet, and cook until well done, browned, and no pink is visible.
- Drain any fat from the meat, by draining on a paper towel lined plate.
- Let the sirloin cool to warm, and crumble the meat into small pieces.
- Return the Sirloin to the skillet, and sprinkle with garlic salt and seasoned salt, chili powder, and cumin, stir well and set aside.
- Wash and chop the Iceberg lettuce, and spin the water off in a salad spinner. Place in the refrigerator.
- Cook the bacon, drain the fat and set aside to cool.
- Wash the cherry tomatoes, and cut in half. Drain the Ranch Style beans in a colander, and rinse under cold water, and set aside.
- Clean the bunch of green onions, removing any brown leaves, and remove the stems. Chop the onion in small pieces.
- Wash and chop the Red bell pepper in bite size pieces.
- Fill the squeeze bottle half way with Ortega Taco sauce, and fill the rest of the bottle with Kens french dressing, and shake well to combine.
- To assemble the salad; in a large salad bowl, place the chopped lettuce, and top with the ground sirloin, crumbled bacon, Ranch style beans, cherry tomatoes, red pepper, shredded cheddar, and shredded white cheddar and green onions.
- Squeeze the dressing generously on top of the salad, and serve on plates with Doritos or Tortilla chips.
- Add extra dressing to individual plates as needed.
- Serve, and Enjoy!