Kitchen Fun With My 3 Sons

Firefighters warn about cell phone chargers

Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links.

Firefighters warn about cell phone chargers from the Newton NH Fire Department. So many of us use our cell phone throughout the entire day and night including in bed. It’s not uncommon for people to have their phone on their charger while in the bed and fall asleep leaving the phone beside them. However, this can be very dangerous.

Firefighters warn about cell phone chargers

This warning was posted on the Newton NH Fire Department’s Facebook page found also HERE

Research has revealed that 53% of children/teens charge their phone or tablet either on their bed or under their pillow. This is can be extremely dangerous. The heat generated cannot dissipate and the charger will become hotter and hotter. The likely result is that the pillow/bed will catch fire. This places the child/teen as well as everyone else in the home in great danger. Please check where you & your family charge your mobile devices.

Pretty scary and you should definitely make your kids aware of this. Always charge a cell phone on a hard surface and replace frayed chargers.

Firefighters warn about cell phone chargers

Let us know if you have any other safety tips using cell phone chargers.

You may also like…

Christmas Shopping Safety Tips

The Best Cleaning Hacks

 

about me

ABOUT JILL

I am a mom of 3 awesome boys that love to get crafty with me in the kitchen. Our blog is full of all sorts creative food ideas for the Holidays, Party Ideas, Free Printables, Featured DIY Ideas, Recipes, & Kids Craft Ideas! Read more...

Subscribe
Notify of
4 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Good to know thanks i will pass the word

That’s the phones battery causing the charger to over heat or the USB plug is bad. Not the wire itself.

Where is the best place to leave it ? I leave mine on my night stand 

I always use a wireless charger – does not short out your battery and much safer. I put wireless charger on the floor for my phone to charge.

SEEN ON