Firefighters warn about cell phone chargers
Firefighters warn about cell phone chargers from the Newton NH Fire Department. So many of us use our cell phone throughout the entire day and night including in bed. It’s not uncommon for people to have their phone on their charger while in the bed and fall asleep leaving the phone beside them. However, this can be very dangerous.
This warning was posted on the Newton NH Fire Department’s Facebook page found also HERE…
Research has revealed that 53% of children/teens charge their phone or tablet either on their bed or under their pillow. This is can be extremely dangerous. The heat generated cannot dissipate and the charger will become hotter and hotter. The likely result is that the pillow/bed will catch fire. This places the child/teen as well as everyone else in the home in great danger. Please check where you & your family charge your mobile devices.
Pretty scary and you should definitely make your kids aware of this. Always charge a cell phone on a hard surface and replace frayed chargers.
Let us know if you have any other safety tips using cell phone chargers.
You may also like…