A true comfort food, you have to try this recipe for Crock Pot Rice Pudding. It is so quick and easy to make that it will be ready in no time at all and have a simple but sweet flavor. Make it in the slow cooker, set it, and forget it until it is time to eat.
Slow Cooker Rice Pudding Recipe
This crockpot rice pudding recipe a great recipe and it’s also an amazing way to remember an old favorite treat that you may have enjoyed before. The recipe is so rich and creamy with a great texture and tastes great. It will leave you in awe of the flavor. No need to worry about needing to constantly stir because the crock-pot does all the work for you! You can choose to add your choice of raisins or nuts as well. Enjoy this dessert with other comfort foods like Mississippi Pot Roast and The Best Oven Roasted Potatoes.
- Butter- Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Milk- Whole milk will give you the best results. You can also substitute Almond Milk.
- Success Rice– You will use boil in bags. You can also use cooked rice of your choice.
- Sugar- This will be added to your recipe for sweeteners.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in your pudding.
- Ground Cinnamon- This will be used for additional flavor.
- Vanilla- Use pure vanilla extract for the best flavoring.
- Brown Sugar– This will add richness to your pudding.
How to Make Crock Pot Rice Pudding
- Add butter into a 4 Quart Slow Cooker or Crock-Pot. Heat the butter until it is melted.
- Add the uncooked rice in when the butter is completely melted and mix to coat the rice in the melted butter.
- Pour in the milk.
- Then, add in the sugar, salt, cinnamon, vanilla, and brown sugar and combine in the rice mixture until fully incorporated.
- Set the lid on the Crock-Pot and cook for 3-4 hours on low heat and be sure to stir on occasion.
- The rice should be cooked through completely and the mixture should be thick and then, it’s done.
- Switch off the heat on the Crock-Pot and let the rice pudding cool for 15 minutes.
- Place in a small dish and add a bit of cinnamon on top and serve.
What’s the Best Rice for Rice Pudding?
The Success Boil in Bag Rice works great for this rice pudding recipe but you can also substitute Minute Rice or any white rice of your choice. If using your own type of rice, you will want rinse it first and use 1 1/2 cups of uncooked rice to yield approximately 4 cups of cooked rice.
Can I Freeze Crock Pot Rice Pudding?
If you have leftover rice pudding, you can definitely freeze it for later. This is very simple to do, all you need to do is store it correctly. All you need to do is place it in a sealed container and pop it in the freezer. Sealing in an airtight container in the fridge is also an option.
If adding any other ingredients such as raisins, nuts, or coconut go ahead and add them when you add the milk, etc. You can also sprinkle any additional favorites on top of the rice pudding when serving.
More Slow Cooker Desserts
- Banana Bread Pudding
- Slow Cooker Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Raspberry Zinger Cake
- Slow Cooker Candied Nuts
- Sweetened Condensed Milk Caramel
- Crock Pot Coca Cola Cake
- Slow Cooker Apple Bread Pudding
Crock Pot Rice Pudding
- Place the butter in the bottom of a 4 quart Slow Cooker, or Crock-Pot, and let it melt.
- When the butter melts, add the uncooked rice and stir the rice, coating it in the melted Butter.
- Add the milk, sugar, salt, cinnamon, vanilla, and brown sugar, and stir all ingredients to mix well.
- Place the lid on the Crock-Pot, and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- When Rice is cooked, and the pudding is thick, it's done.
- Turn off the Crock-Pot, and let cool for about 15 minutes.
- Dish up into small dishes or Ramekins, sprinkle with cinnamon, and serve. Enjoy!