A true comfort food, you have to try this recipe for Crock Pot Rice Pudding. It is so quick and easy to make that it will be ready in no time at all and have a simple but sweet flavor. Make it in the slow cooker, set it, and forget it until it is time to eat.
Crock Pot Rice Pudding
This crockpot rice pudding recipe a great recipe and it’s also an amazing way to remember an old favorite that you may have enjoyed before. The recipe is so rich and creamy and will leave you in awe of the flavor. No need to worry about needing to constantly stir because the crock-pot does all the work for you! You can choose to add your choice of raisins or nuts as well. Enjoy this dessert with other comfort foods like Mississippi Pot Roast and The Best Oven Roasted Potatoes.
- Butter- Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Milk- Whole milk will give you the best results.
- Success Rice– You will boil in bags.
- Sugar- This will be added to your recipe for sweeteners.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in your pudding.
- Cinnamon- This will be used for additional flavor.
- Vanilla- Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Brown Sugar- This will add richness to your pudding.
How to Make Crock Pot Rice Pudding
Add butter into a 4 Quart Slow Cooker or Crock-Pot. Heat the butter until it is melted.
Add the rice in when the butter is completely melted and mix to coat the rice in the melted butter.
Pour in the milk.
Then, add in the sugar, salt, cinnamon, vanilla, and brown sugar and combine until fully incorporated.
Sea; te lid on the Crock-Pot and cook for 3-4 hours on low heat and be sure to stir on occasion.
The rice should be cooked through completely and the mixture should be thick and then, it’s done.
Switch off the heat on the Crock-Pot and let the rice pudding cool for 15 minutes.
Place in a small dish and add a bit of cinnamon on top and serve.
What’s the Best Rice for Rice Pudding?
The best Rice for this pudding is the one used in this rice pudding recipe. This rice will give you the best result for this recipe specifically. You will love the texture of the rice pudding and its flavor.
Can I Freeze Rice Pudding for Later?
You can definitely freeze rice pudding for later. This is very simple to do, all you need to do is store it correctly. All you need to do is place it in a sealed container and pop it in the freezer. Sealing in an airtight container in the fridge is also an option.
More Slow Cooker Desserts
- Banana Bread Pudding (Slow Cooker)
- Slow Cooker Raspberry Zinger Cake
- Sweetened Condensed Milk Caramel – Slow Cooker
- Slow Cooker Apple Bread Pudding
Crock Pot Rice Pudding
- 1/4 cup of Butter
- 6 cups of Milk - whole milk is best - skim milk is too watery for this recipe so be sure to use at least 2%
- 2 bags of Success Rice - Boil in bags
- 1 cup of Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla
- 1/3 cup of Brown Sugar
- Place the butter in the bottom of a 4 Quart Slow Cooker, or Crock-Pot, and let it melt. When the butter melts, add the Rice, and stir the Rice, coating it in the melted Butter. Add the milk, Sugar, Salt, Cinnamon, Vanilla, and Brown Sugar, and stir all ingredients to mix well. Place the lid on the Crock-Pot, and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours, stirring occasionally. When Rice is cooked, and the pudding is thick, it's done. Turn off the Crock-Pot, and let cool for about 15 minutes. Dish up into small dishes or Ramekins, sprinkle with Cinnamon, and serve. Enjoy!