We have been making lots of Dr. Seuss goodies around here lately and thought we would share these Horton Hatches the Egg Pops with all of you. Horton Hatches the Egg is my 5 year olds favorite Dr. Seuss book. When he was in pre-k last year they had a Dr. Seuss parade and wanted the kids to find things around the house to dress up like their favorite character. He just had to pick a hard one and chose Horton Hatches the Egg. I was hoping he would go with something easy like Cat in the Hat..Thing 1…Thing 2…but we ended up pulling it off. We thought that making Horton pops would be fun and cute to celebrate the birthday of Dr. Seuss on March 2nd!
What you’ll need to make Horton Hatches the Egg Pops
- Large marshmallows
- Mini marshmallows
- Square marshmallows (s’mores kind)
- Chow mien noodles
- White cookie frosting
- Edible marker
- Lollipop sticks.
How to Make Horton Hatches the Egg Pops
- Make the nest first by melting chocolate and mixing in the noodles.
- Shape the nest on wax paper and poke the lollipop stick in the middle to make a hole. Let that dry.
- Draw the face on the large marshmallow with black edible marker.
- Cut 1 square marshmallow in half and cut around the halves to shape the ears with kitchen scissors. These work out great for cutting…doesn’t get all sticky!
- Take another square marshmallow and cut off a strip from the side to make the trunk. Cut at a angle on the end so you can attach it at a angle.
- Take 2 marshmallows and attach them with cookie frosting. Make two of them for the legs/feet. Make the details with the marker. Attach everything on with cookie frosting and let dry.
- Take out the stick from the nest and flip it over. Poke it back through and press on the marshmallow body and head to secure. Put a little bit of melted chocolate around the bottom of the nest and stick to make sure it does not slide down.
Here is my little 5 year old in his Horton Hatches the Egg costume that we made from things that we had at the house. We added the peanuts just for fun!:)
We just love Dr. Seuss books and had a lot of fun making these and the rest of our Dr. Seuss goodies like The Lorax Fruit Snack, Silly Sneetch Pear Snack and Cat and The Hat Pancake Breakfast.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
29 comments on “Horton Hatches the Egg Pops”
So cute, love Dr Seuss! Have just pinned these, will have to try them as my two would love them! 🙂
You're being featured tonight – thanks for sharing!
So so cute! Just pinned this! Thanks so much for sharing on Mom On Timeout!
Those are absolutely adorable!!! I love how you made the nest under him too (the pops and your son:-) Thank you so much for sharing on Trick or Treat Tuesday!!!
Ummm…this is THE cutest thing ever!
that costume is adorable 🙂
Love your ideas — always so cute and clever! And it takes talent to get that cute face drawn on a marshmallow! I would love it if you would consider linking some of your posts with Busy Monday (open each week Monday through Thursdays) at A Pinch of Joy, a linky party for ideas that make life better, easier and more fun!
Love everything about this post. The nest part of the costume is genius.
I really like those horton hatches egg pop marshmallows. I think that many nieces would love that creative marshmallows. I also love to have those horton marshmallows.