I was having fun in the kitchen this morning with my 2 year old and we came up with this Cat in the Hat Pancake Breakfast!
Dr Seuss Breakfast
We will be creating lots of Dr. Suess fun food this week to celebrate his birthday! My older boys learned how to read with Dr. Seuss books and we love these books! This breakfast is pretty easy to make and my 2 year old just loved it! Have your little ones help you with this breakfast and decorate their pancake. It’s a great way to spend time with them and so fun watch their faces glow with their creations.
Cat in the Hat Pancake Ingredients
- Pancakes: make our delicious Fluffy Pancakes recipe or used a boxed mix.
- Fruit: strawberries
- Bacon: 1 strip
- Decorating: Nutella, spray whipped cream.
Here is my 2 year old with his Dr. Seuss Pancake Breakfast!
How To Make Cat in The Hat Breakfast
- Make your pancake in the shape of the cat’s head.
- Use Nutella for the face the hair.
- Layer strawberries and whipped cream for the hat.
Other Dr Seuss Food Ideas
Dr. Seuss Cat in the Hat Breakfast
- Pour your pancake mix into a pan over low heat in the shape of the cat's head. It doesn't have to be perfect as you can cut around the edges using kitchen scissors.
- Put a little bit of Nutella in a baggie and snip off the corner. Decorate the face and make the hair with Nutella.
- Cut a few large strawberries in half and layer those with whipped cream spray for the hat.
- Make your bacon and cut off strips using kitchen scissors to make whiskers.