This simple to make Instant Pot Chocolate Bundt Cake is so tender and moist, you will wonder why you never made cake in the pressure cooker before. Using a cute heart shaped pan, this chocolate bundt cake is perfect for Valentine’s Day or whenever you want a cake that just says I love You.
If you are looking for another fun Valentine’s Day dessert, check out these Valentine Thumbprint Cookies.
Chocolate Bundt Cake for Valentine’s Day
Bunt cakes are a classic cake that everyone recognizes instantly. But now, you can make a delicious chocolate bundt cake so simply you won’t believe it. Making this Instant Pot Chocolate Bundt Cake for Valentine’s Day is so cute and so decadent that it makes the perfect Valentine’s Day dessert.
Does This Chocolate Cake Need to Be Made in a Heart Bundt Cake Pan
No. If you do not have a heart shaped bundt pan that fits into your Instant Pot you can use a traditional bundt cake pan. However, the heart shaped bundt pan does make this even cuter for Valentine’s Day.
Does This Chocolate Bundt Cake Need to Be Refrigerated
When you make a chocolate cake it does not have to be refrigerated. Cakes do better and taste better when they are not refrigerated. When you make chocolate ganache, it can stay at room temperature for up to 2 days as long as it is cool in the house. So a house with no air conditioning and it is 90 degrees out might want to put the ganache in the refrigerator. After 2 days, the ganache needs to be refrigerated and will last up to a month.
So this chocolate cake can stay at room temperature for up to 3 days and then you will need to move it to the refrigerator.
Ingredients in Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Triple chocolate cake mix
Ingredients in Chocolate Glaze for Bundt Cake Recipe
- Semi sweet chocolate chips
- Heavy whipping cream
- Valentine’s Day Sprinkles
How To Make Chocolate Bundt Cake For Valentine’s Day
In a bowl, mix together the chocolate cake mix, eggs, water, and oil.
Grease and flour a 7 inch heart shaped bundt pan.
Pour the cake batter into the pan filling it about 3/4 of the way full.
To the Instant pot, add 1 cup of water and then put the trivet inside.
Create a foil sling and lower the bundt pan onto the trivet. Loosely fold the foil sling over the top of the bundt pan.
Close the Instant Pot and set it to high pressure for 35 minutes.
Use the Quick Release Method once it is done.
Let the cake cool on a cooling rack for 30-60 minutes.
Use a knife to gently separate the cake from the sides of the bundt pan
Remove the cake and place it on a cooling rack.
Make the Ganache
In a small pot, heat the heavy cream until it is slightly boiling.
Put the chocolate chips into a bowl that is heat safe.
Add the hot whipping cream and stir until smooth.
Pour the ganache over the cake and let sit for a few minutes.
Add the Valentine’s Day sprinkles over the cake.
Allow ganache to set before cutting and enjoying!
Instant Pot Chocolate Bundt Cake for Valentine's Day
- 1 box triple chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 ¼ cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 C Semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ C heavy whipping cream
- Valentine’s Day Sprinkles
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, eggs, water, and oil.
- Grease and flour a 7 inch heart shaped bundt pan.
- Pour the cake batter into the bundt pan, about ¾ way full
- Add 1 cup water to the inner bowl of instant pot. Place trivet inside.
- Make a foil sling and carefully lower filled bundt pan on top oftrivet in the instant pot. Loosely fold foil sling over the top of the bundt pan.
- Close lid and set to sealing.
- Cook on high pressure for 35 minutes.
- Quick pressure release.
- Let cool on a cooling rack for 30-60 minutes.
- Use a knife to gently separate the cake from the sides of the bundt pan and empty the cake onto a wire rack above a cookie sheet
- Using a small pot, heat up the heavy whipping cream until slightly boiling
- Pour chocolate chips into a heat safe bowl
- Pour heavy whipping cream over the chocolate chips and whisk until smooth
- Pour the ganache over the cake and let sit for a few minutes
- Sprinkle some valentine’s day sprinkles over the cake
- Allow ganache to set before cutting and enjoying!