Discover the mouthwatering sensation of Big Mac Tacos, the viral TikTok recipe taking everyone by storm. These Smash Burger Tacos have all the flavors of your favorite McDonald’s burger turned into a fun taco.
Smash burger Tacos are the perfect combination of the Big Mac taste you love in the hand-held version of a taco. This has become one of our favorite dinners recently and it’s so easy to make! There’s just something about a big and juicy Big Mac! From the seasoned beef to the crisp pickles to the delicious Big Mac sauce, what’s not to love. Creating this fun spin on the classic burger just takes it to a whole other level.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Indulge in ground beef, crisp lettuce, diced onions, pickles, and the iconic special sauce, all wrapped in soft tortillas.
- Ground Beef- I like to use 80/20 which is divided into 4 (4oz) patties.
- Seasonings- garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Flour Tortillas– I prefer flour for this recipe because of its flexibility.
- American Cheese– any cheese will work, but American cheese melts really well and used in the traditional Big Macs.
- Pickles- You’ll need sweet pickle relish a dill pickle slices.
- Big Mac Sauce- You are making this sauce using the recipe below. It is simple with mayo, vinegar, onion, relish, and some seasonings.
How To Make Big Mac Tacos
- Make the Big Mac Sauce. Mix together the ingredients and store them in a glass jar in the refrigerator.
- Form the burger. Spread the burger patties over the tortillas and season.
- Cook the patties. Heat a cast iron skillet and place the patties meat side down on the skillet. Cook for a few minutes, flip, add cheese, and cook for a few more minutes.
- Finish the Smashburger Tacos. Drizzle the Big Mac sauce over the burger, and add lettuce, onion, and pickles.
Variations For Big Mac Tacos
If you love a recipe that you can change up each time you serve it, here are a few of my favorite ideas for these TikTok burger tacos.
- Use something other than ground beef. Try using ground pork, ground chicken, or ground turkey. Ground sausage or chorizo is also an idea. Each type of meat will change the taste of the Big Mac Taco slightly.
- Add some heat with jalapenos. Use fresh or pickled jalapenos to add some heat to the Smashburger tacos.
- Fresh guacamole or sliced avocados will add a delicious creaminess that will go well with the special Big Mac sauce.
Tips & Tricks
- These patties are thin. They do not take long to cook.
- The Big Mac sauce will make 1 cup and can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks in a glass jar storage container.
- Add any of your favorite burger toppings or use any of your favorite cheese on this recipe.
More Viral TikTok Recipes:
- Marry Me Chicken
- Rum Soaked Pineapple – Two Ingredients
- Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
- Crockpot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta
Big Mac Tacos (Smash Burger Tacos)
For the burgers:
- 1 lbs Ground Beef 80/20 Divided into 4 (4oz) patties
- 4 6 inch Flour Tortillas
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 4 Slices American Cheese
- ¼ Cup Big Mac Sauce
- ¾ Cup Shredded Lettuce
- 3 Tablespoons Minced White Onion
- 12 Dill Pickle Slices
For the Big Mac Sauce:
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together all the sauce ingredients. Transfer to a glass jar storage container, such as a mason jar and refrigerate until ready to use.
For the burgers:
- On a clean work surface, spread the 4 ounce burger patties evenly over the flour tortillas until almost completely covered. Season each pattie with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat until lightly smoking. Add one or two patties meat side down and lightly press onto the skillet. Cook for 4-5 minutes, flip, add a cheese slice and cook for another 1 or 2 minutes. The burgers are thin and won’t take long. Repeat with remaining burger patties.
- To dress the burger tacos, drizzle on 1-2 tablespoons of the big mac sauce, add the lettuce, onion and 3 pickles. Serve immediately.