Instant Pot Three Bean Chili is a fast dinner for those busy weeknight meals. While this chili is cooked in 30 minutes, it will have the long slow simmered flavor of slow-cooked three bean chili. This chili is hearty and filling and perfect for a simple family dinner or for guests.
If you love making garlic bread with your chili, try this Garlic Butter Spread.
Instant Pot Three Bean Chili Recipe
If you love chili, you are going to love this Three Bean Chili recipe. This chili recipe is delicious and since it is made in the Instant Pot, it’s done in no time. Instead of simmering a pot on the stove for 6 hours, this recipe is ready to eat in a fraction of the time it would normally take. It is easy to make and ready quickly. Dinner is on the table fast even if it’s a busy work night or a lazy weekend.
- Ground sirloin
- Sweet onion
- Minced garlic
- Red beans
- Black beans
- Ranch style beans
- Tomato sauce
- Tomato paste
- Stewed tomatoes
- Chili powder
- Coarse ground Garlic salt
- Seasoned salt
- Brown sugar
- Filtered water
How to Make Instant Pot Three Bean Chili
Add the cooked sirloin back into the Instant Pot and add the beans.
Add 2 cups of water and stir again.
Once the time is up and let the pressure release, stir the chili and serve.
Can I Make Three Bean Chili With Dried Beans?
If you want to use dried beans in this three bean chili. You will need to make the beans first before you add them to the chili. Dried beans are an inexpensive way to make this chili and you can control the flavors and sodium in the beans.
Is Three Bean Soup Vegetarian?
With this version of three bean soup, I am using ground sirloin, which means it is not vegetarian. You can easily eliminate the beef ground the recipe and make this a vegetarian/vegan. You will want to make sure that the beans you are using do not include any meat products, like lard, in order to make this a vegetarian meal.
INSTANT POT THREE BEAN CHILI
- 1 1/2 pounds ground sirloin
- 1 large sweet onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can red beans
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can Ranch style beans
- 2 large tomato sauce
- 1 can tomato paste
- 2 cans stewed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup Ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons Chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- 1 Tablespoon coarse ground Garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 Tablespoons Brown sugar
- 2 cups filtered water
- Press the Saute button on the Instant Pot, and place the ground sirloin in the Instant Pot, and cook the sirloin until it's completely done, and golden brown.
- Remove the cooked sirloin to a paper towel lined plate.
- Add the chopped onion to the Instant Pot, and saute until it's caramelized - or golden brown.
- Add the minced garlic, and cook for 2 minutes. Turn off the Saute setting.
- Drain the beans, and rinse in a colander under cold water.
- Add the cooked sirloin back in the Instant Pot, and add the red beans, black beans, and Ranch style beans.
- Add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, Stewed tomatoes, Ketchup, Chili powder, Cumin, garlic salt, seasoned salt, and brown sugar.
- Stir all ingredients well to blend.
- Add 2 cups of water, and stir again.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, until it beeps and locks.
- Make sure the pressure valve is set to 'SEALING', and press the MANUAL button, and set the time to 18 minutes.
- Let the Instant pot build and release the pressure - this will take a few minutes to bring the Instant Pot up to pressure, then cook, and release the pressure.
- When the Instant Pot is done cooking, it will beep and go to the 'OFF' setting.
- Make sure all the pressure has been released by turning the pressure valve to VENTING, and make sure the FLOAT valve is down.
- Open the lid to the Instant Pot, and stir the Chili.
- Serve with your favorite toppings: sour cream, cheese, onions, green onions, ketchup, Fritos, Tortilla chips, crackers, etc. Enjoy!