Do you ever look in the cabinet and don’t have any sugar? Well, whether you need it for cooking, baking, or just to have it. Try out this simple 2-ingredient Homemade Brown Sugar recipe.
Simple Brown Sugar At Home
Homemade sugar is not only easy to make but tastes like any store-bought recipe. You can use this for any recipe you need! Be sure to share this simple hack with your friends and family who run out of sugar.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Sugar: You need regular granulated sugar for the base of the recipe.
Molasses: Use this to add that warm and slightly smokey flavor you get with regular sugar.
How to Make Brown Sugar at Home
Step 1. In a standing mixer, add the sugar and molasses and combine until fully incorporated.
All the stickiness should be gone when it’s done.
Step 2. Use this recipe for all of your favorite baked recipes! Enjoy!
Tips & Tricks For Homemade Brown Sugar?
Here are some great tips to ensure you make a quick and easy brown sugar:
- You can make this light or dark brown sugar by adjusting the recipe a bit. By adding more molasses you can have dark brown sugar if needed instead of light.
- Some other substitute sweeteners for brown sugar instead of molasses. You can use things like agave or maple syrup.
- And, finally, the way you are mixing the ingredients together is important. Using an electric mixer or food processors is great. However, you can use a simple plastic bag full of your ingredients and massage it to combine. Make sure it is fully mixed in though with no stickiness.
How Long Does Homemade Brown Sugar Last?
First, you will need to make sure to store the recipe correctly. This homemade recipe can last almost indefinitely.
How To Store Homemade Brown Sugar?
You will need to place the recipe into an airtight container. You will want to place the sugar in a cool and dark place like a cabinet.
More Homemade Pantry Staples:
- Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Easy Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe
- Homemade Whipped Cream Recipe
- Homemade Cheese Sauce
Homemade Brown Sugar
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 Tbsp molasses
- Mix the ingredients together by hand or stand mixer until sugar is fully coated and no longer sticky to touch.
- Enjoy your favorite baked recipes