Irish Croissant Bread Pudding is a delicious dessert for St. Patrick’s Day. The flaky croissants soaked in a delicious sauce and whiskey.
We are wrapped up in yummy Irish inspired dishes for St. Patrick’s Day. For dinner, we’ve got Irish Pasta and for dessert we love Bailey’s Cookies and of course, this croissant bread pudding! As much as I adore everything chocolate, I like making a great dessert that is a little bit different. This one fits the bill!
Making Irish Croissant Bread Pudding
The first key to making this recipe is to soak your raisins in whiskey. Just sit them in a covered bowl for about 10 minutes before adding them to the croissants. Oh, and don’t drain the excess!
Next, whisk your pudding ingredients together and pour the mixture over your croissants. Then, let it all sit for 25-30 minutes so the liquid can soak in really good.
Make sure you that you check the middle of your bread pudding to make sure it’s not gooey before you take it out to cool. You don’t want it to be mushy in the middle.
Tips for Making Croissant Bread Pudding
- Use day old bread. (Or two days.) Why? It does a much better job of soaking in the liquid than fresh bread.
- Use butter to grease the entire pan. It helps the bread pudding come out and also gives a good flavor to the crust.
Yummy Additions to Bread Pudding
- chocolate chips
- carmel sauce
- dried fruit
- fresh fruit
Top this with your yummy homemade sauce and a dollop of whipped cream on top. Enjoy!
Irish Croissant Bread Pudding
Bread Pudding Ingredients:
- 6 croissants (tear each croissant into 4-5 pieces)
- 2 C half and half
- 4 eggs large
- 1/3 C sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 C Jameson Whiskey
- 1 C raisins
- 1 TBSP sugar sprinkle
- 1 C brown sugar packed
- 1/2 C unsalted butter
- 2 TBSP heavy whipping cream
Bread Pudding Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prep a 6 cup baking dish with nonstick baking spray.
- Combine raisins and whiskey in a small bowl.
- Cover the raisins and whiskey.
- Let stand 10 minutes or until soft.
- Do not drain the whiskey from the raisins.
- Set aside.
- Add the croissants to the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle 3/4 cup of the raisins throughout the torn croissants. (Raisins and whiskey used to soak the raisins)
- Whisk the half and half, eggs, sugar, lemon zest, salt, and vanilla in a large.
- Pour this mixture over the croissant pieces.
- Ensure all of the croissants pieces have been moistened.
- Sprinkle the remaining raisins(1/4 cup) on top of the bread pudding.
- Set aside for 25 minutes allowing the bread pudding to soak in the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle sugar on the top of the bread pudding.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
- Check for doneness by testing with a knife inserted in the middle of the bread pudding.
- Set aside for 15 minutes for it to cool.
- Add all ingredients to a saucepan.
- Stir constantly.
- Bring to a boil.
- Continue to stir.
- Serve over warm bread.
- Garnish with fresh whipping cream.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
1 thought on “Irish Croissant Bread Pudding”
Yum, yes please!