Martha Washington Candy is a sweet and creamy coconut pecan filling with maraschino cherries then coated in chocolate.
Pecan Coconut Balls
These delicious candies are so simple and quick to make. The sweetened condensed milk combined with things like powdered sugar and butter makes the candies super soft. They will just melt in your mouth and make a luscious Holiday treat.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Sweetened Condensed Milk: This will make the candies super soft and creamy!
Add-ins: To add additional flavor and texture, you will need shredded coconut, chopped pecans, and maraschino cherries.
Chocolate: Use the almond bark to dip the candies in and melt the white candy melts to drizzle on top of the candies.
How To Make Martha Washington Candy
Step 1. Add the butter, powdered sugar, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla into a large bowl and combine using an electric mixer. Put in the coconut, pecans, and cherries and combine. Place the dough into the fridge for 30 minutes to chill. Portion the candy mixture using 1 1/2 Tbsp scoop and roll into balls before arranging onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
Step 2. When all the candy is portioned and rolled, set the tray into the fridge to chill for 2 hours or overnight for the best results. In a heat-safe bowl, melt the almond bark and heat in 30-second increments until fully melted and smooth. Coat the candy balls into the melted chocolate and tap to remove the excess chocolate. Set them back onto the tray lined with parchment paper.
Step 3. Melt the candy melts in 30-second increments in a heat-safe bowl in the microwave until smooth. Drizzle the candies with melted chocolate. Serve and enjoy!
Can I Make Martha Washington Candy Ahead Of Time?
Yes! You can freeze the candy portion of the recipe for up to 2 months. When you are ready, you can dip them in chocolate, serve and enjoy!
Substitutions For These Candies?
Here are some substitutions for you if you don’t like certain ingredients in the candies. You can remove the cherries and use other fruit like raspberries or strawberries. You can also replace the pecans with almonds or walnuts.
Tips & Tricks
- Place the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Toast the pecans for more flavor!
- Top the candies with crushed nuts or sprinkles. Make sure to sprinkle right after they are dipped.
- You can make these into smaller portions if needed. They are very rich!
More Candy Recipes:
- Candy Sleighs For Christmas
- Crockpot Christmas Candy
- Frozen Candy Grapes with Jello
- Homemade Payday Candy Bars
Martha Washington Candy
- 1 cup butter softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 can 14 ounces of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups pecans chopped
- 20 maraschino cherries chopped
- 1 lb. chocolate almond bark
- 1 cup white candy melts
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer beat together the butter, powdered sugar, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla until combined.
- Stir in the coconut, pecans, and cherries.
- Chill the dough for 30 minutes.
- Using a 1 ½ tablespoon scoop, scoop out the candy and roll it into a ball, and place it on a parchment-lined tray.
- Once all the candy is scooped and rolled out into balls, place the tray in the fridge for 2 hours (up to overnight).
- Next, melt your almond bark in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second intervals until melted and smooth.
- Dip the balls in melted chocolate tapping off the excess chocolate and place them back onto the parchment paper.
- Melt the white candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second increments until melted and smooth.
- Drizzle the white chocolate on top of the candies.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.