Homemade Payday Candy Bars are dry roasted salted peanuts rolled over a nougat-like caramel center for the perfect sweet and salty treat.
Payday Candy Bars Made At Home
Do you find yourself going to a convenience store and grabbing a candy bar for a quick sweet treat before work or any other time? Well, now you can make your very own bulk amount of candy bars right at home. These payday bars are so simple to make and you only need a few ingredients to make a ton of them for each day of the week!
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Baking Chips: You will need peanut butter baking chips to melt with the butter.
Sweetened Condensed Milk: This will be used to melt with the marshmallows and melted peanut butter to make the caramel/peanut butter center.
Peanuts: You will need dry roasted salted peanuts for this recipe.
How To Make Payday Candy Bar
Step 1. Using a 9 x 13-inch baking pan, use butter to grease the bottom and sides before adding half of the peanuts to the bottom of the pan.
Step 2. In a pot over medium-low heat, melt the peanut butter baking chips and butter. Pour in the condensed milk and marshmallows before mixing again until melted.
Step 3. Add the mixture on top of the salted peanuts. Top with more peanuts and use your fingers to press them down gently. Place in the fridge until it’s cooled and set before cutting and serving. Enjoy!
Can I Use A Mold To Make Payday Candy Bars?
If you want to mold these into real bars, you can absolutely use a mold for this recipe. You can buy these candy bar molds if you like.
How To Store:
You can store these bars in an airtight container for the best storage method. Try to store it at room temperature. They will become too hard and tacky if stored in the fridge or freezer.
More Candy Recipes:
- Homemade Almond Joy Recipe
- Homemade Snickers Bars
- Easy Homemade Marshmallows
- Old Fashioned Divinity Candy
Homemade Payday Candy Bar
- 12 oz. baking chips peanut butter
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 cups marshmallows mini
- 24 oz. peanuts salted, dry roasted
- Butter the bottom & sides of a 9×13 pan and place half of the dry roasted peanuts in the bottom.
- Melt the peanut butter baking chips and butter over medium-low heat. Add in condensed milk and marshmallows, stirring until melted and combined.
- Pour mixture evenly to cover peanuts. Top with remaining peanuts and gently press down. Refrigerate to cool and set.
- Cut into desired serving size.