Peanut Butter Balls with Rice Krispies are a delicious little candy you can make so easily in your own kitchen. A perfect candy for the holidays, an after school snack, a party, or any time you just need a sweet chocolate-peanut butter treat.
Peanut Butter Balls with Rice Krispies
We all love a good Rice Krispie treat, so these Peanut Butter Balls with Rice Krispies are a fun take on that classic. They’re like a mashup between traditional peanut butter balls and Rice Krispie treats that make it a crave-worthy sweet, crunchy, creamy snack.
If you love the combo of peanut butter and chocolate, then these recipes are for you! No Bake Peanut Butter Pie | Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Balls | Homemade Snickers Bars | Reese’s Sandwich Cookies | Reese’s Peanut Butter Earthquake Cake
(the exact measurements and full recipe instructions are below in the easy to print recipe card):
- Creamy peanut butter – crunchy peanut butter also works well.
- Butter – use regular salted butter
- Powdered sugar – powdered sugar adds sweetness to the peanut butter filling and helps turn it into a sort of dough to be rolled into balls. Be sure not to use regular granulated sugar, which will not give good results in this recipe.
- Rice Krispies cereal – slightly crush the cereal before adding it to the recipe.
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips – we like the flavor of semi-sweet chocolate and it doesn’t burn quickly when melting, but any chocolate you like will work well. Remember, white chocolate and milk chocolate are notoriously fickle and can be difficult to melt without burning.
- Vegetable shortening – the shortening helps thin the chocolate and give it just the right texture for dipping.
How to Make Peanut Butter Balls with Rice Krispies
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or waxed paper. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the peanut butter, butter, and powdered sugar.
Stir in the Rice Krispies until well combined.
Shape the mixture into small bite-sized balls, place on the prepared cookie sheet, and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
Pour the chocolate chips and shortening into In a medium microwave-safe bowl. Heat for 1 minute and stir, then continue heating in 20-second intervals, stirring well after each interval until chocolate is melted. Stir until completely smooth.
Dip the chilled peanut butter balls into the melted chocolate and place back on the cookie sheet. Chill until the chocolate is firm.
Tip: I had extra chocolate left over, so I drizzled a bit over top of the peanut butter chocolate balls to make a pretty pattern. You can even do this with a different type of chocolate for a pretty contrast.
The finished candies are very firm when you take them out of the refrigerator, so if you prefer them to be soft, allow them to sit on the counter at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
How To Package for Gifting:
These peanut butter balls make a great gift! Here are some ideas:
Box – Line a small cardboard gift box with parchment paper and fill the box with the candies. Add the top of the box and tie closed with a ribbon. Add a card and it’s ready for gift giving.
Mug – Fill a pretty mug with the chocolate peanut butter candies and add a packet of hot cocoa and maybe a coffee shop gift card. Wrap the mug with clear gift wrap and tie up with a ribbon.
Gift Tin – Line a cookie tin with parchment paper, fill with the Peanut Butter Balls with Rice Krispies, cover with the lid, and attach a note.
Plate – Buy a plate from a dollar store or use a plate you already have that you do not need to be returned. Arrange the peanut butter balls on the plate and wrap with cellophane, add a bow, and add a notecard. Be sure to indicate that the plate is a part of the gift.
How to Store Leftovers:
Keep the peanut butter balls in an airtight food storage container. They will stay fresh at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to five days.
More Chocolate Ball Candy Recipes:
- Peanut Butter M&M Balls
- White Chocolate Peppermint Oreo Balls
- Chocolate Coconut Balls
- Best Rum Balls
- Oreo Balls
Peanut Butter Balls with Rice Krispies
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup butter softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups Rice Krispies cereal slightly crushed
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or waxed paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the peanut butter, butter, and powdered sugar. Stir in the Rice Krispies until well combined.
- Shape the mixture into small bite-sized balls, place on the prepared cookie sheet, and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Pour the chocolate chips and shortening into In a medium microwave-safe bowl. Heat for 1 minute and stir, then continue heating in 20 second intervals, stirring well after each interval until chocolate is melted. Stir until completely smooth.
- Dip the chilled peanut butter balls into the melted chocolate and place back on the cookie sheet. Chill until the chocolate is firm.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
17 comments on “Peanut Butter Balls with Rice Krispies”
Easy to make and the old- fashioned recipe I have been searching for.
Love making these. Both my son and boyfriend are excited when I make it. Just curious… what’s the nutrition information, calories etc?