Woolworth Cheesecake is a no-bake classic light and lemony cheesecake dessert with a graham cracker crust. There is good reason for this dessert to be so famous!
If you love cheesecakes you have found yourself in the right place for sure. We literally have HUNDREDS of cheesecake recipes here!
Talk about a delicious blast from the past. My Mother remembers eating this at the Woolworth’s lunch counter when she was a small child, and said it was really fabulous. I couldn’t wait to taste it, and sure enough, she was right; it’s light, lemony, and airy, with the crunchy graham cracker crust, and this ice box cheesecake is now one of my favorites!
The BEST Icebox Cheesecake
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Graham Crackers. If you want to shave off a little time, you can buy the pre-crushed crackers instead of doing it yourself.
- Cream Cheese. Don’t forget to let this set out and get to room temperature. Hard cream cheese is impossible to work with!
- Lemon Jello.
- Lemon Juice. Fresh squeezed or pre-made; your choice!
- Heavy Whipping Cream.
- Vanilla. Try and use real vanilla and not imitation. It tastes way better!
How To Make a Classic No-Bake Woolworth Cheesecake
You’ll find this super easy to make. Just grab your ingredients and let’s get started.
- Make Jello. Follow the directions on the package for the lemon Jello.
- Make the crust. Crush your graham crackers and mix half with sugar and melted butter. Press the mixture into your baking dish to form the crust.
- Make the cheesecake. Whip the heavy cream until peaks begin to form. Mix in cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla. Last, add the Jello.
- Set. Pour the cheesecake over the crust and top it off with a few more cracker crumbs. Let it set in the fridge for 4 hours and enjoy.
How To Store A No-Bake Icebox Cheesecake
Keep this covered and in the fridge for up to a week – if it lasts that long!
More Great Cheesecake Recipes You’ll Love
Brownie Bottom Cheesecake in the Instant Pot
Chocolate Stuffed Strawberry Cheesecakes
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 3 sleeves)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 ounces butter (1 stick, melted)
- 6 ounces lemon Jello
- 2 cups boiling water
- 24 ounces cream cheese (3 x 8oz. packages of cream cheese, softened)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- Boil the water in a saucepan, remove from heat.
- Add the lemon Jello and stir until dissolved, set aside.
- Place graham crackers in a blender or food processor and process to fine crumbs.
- Melt the stick of butter in the microwave.
- Place the graham cracker crumbs in a 9 X 13 dish and stir in the 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Pour the melted butter into the crumbs and stir until well coated.
- Press 1/2 the crumbs evenly in the 9 X 13 dish.
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, pour the heavy whipping cream in the bowl and whip until stiff peaks form. (If you have 2 mixing bowls, then place this bowl in the refrigerator - if not, place the whipped cream in another bowl, and place the whipped cream in the refrigerator).
- In the mixing bowl, add the cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla. Mix until well blended.
- Add the lemon Jello and mix well.
- Blend in the whipped cream just until mixed.
- Spread the filling in the 9 X 13 dish evenly and let set up for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Sprinkle with remaining graham cracker crumbs.
- Chill at least 4 hours, or overnight for best results.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.