No Bake Eclair Cake is the perfect dessert to whip up in a snap and serve for any occasion. Rich vanilla pudding mixed with whipped cream and layered between graham crackers then topped with sweet chocolate frosting, everyone will enjoy this easy icebox cake!
This is a layered version of our other Easy Eclair Cake recipe that is also a huge hit.
No Bake Eclair Cake
No need to heat up the oven, dessert can be made without it! No Bake Eclair Cake is so easy to make and yet it’s the thing everyone is always asking me to make. I love that I can make it the night before serving and it’s made from ingredients that are almost always in the pantry and refrigerator.
Here’s what you’ll need to make the No Bake Eclair Cake (the exact measurements and full recipe instructions are below in the printable recipe card):
- Graham crackers
- French vanilla instant pudding
- Cool Whip – be sure to thaw before making the recipe.
- Milk – I used whole milk.
- Chocolate frosting – our 5-minute frosting recipe is delicious and quick, but you can also use store bought. One whole tub of chocolate cake/cupcake frosting from the baking aisle is just right for this recipe.
How to Make No Bake Eclair Cake
Start by whisking together the milk and instant vanilla pudding until well combined. Set the pudding aside to thicken, stirring occasionally.
Once the pudding is thick, fold in the thawed Cool Whip.
Place a single layer of the graham crackers in the bottom of a 9×13-inch pan.
Next, add half of the pudding mixture.
Add another single layer of graham crackers.
Spread on the remaining vanilla pudding mixture.
Add one last single layer of graham crackers.
Melt the chocolate frosting in the microwave in 15 second increments until it is completely melted. Pour the frosting over top of the eclair cake.
Refrigerate the eclair cake for 30 minutes to allow the frosting to set, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 8 hours.
The refrigeration period is when the layers of graham crackers become soft and cake-like. After the cake has chilled for at least 8 hours, slice into 12 servings.
Cinnamon Graham Crackers – Try making this eclair cake with cinnamon graham crackers instead of plain. It’s delicious!
Cheesecake Pudding – Instant cheesecake flavor pudding is a really good alternative to the French vanilla pudding.
Chocolate Pudding – To make a double chocolate eclair cake, use chocolate pudding instead of the French vanilla.
How to Store Leftovers
Cover the pan tightly with plastic wrap and keep the leftover eclair cake in the refrigerator for up to three days.
More Recipes You’ll Enjoy
No Bake Eclair Cake
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the milk and instant vanilla pudding until well combined. Set aside to thicken for a few minutes, stirring occasionally. Once thickened, fold in the Cool Whip.
- Place a single layer of graham crackers in the bottom of a 9×13-inch pan. Top with half of the pudding mixture. Add another single layer of graham crackers, then the remaining pudding mixture. Top with a final layer of graham crackers.
- Scoop the chocolate frosting into a microwave-safe bowl and heat in 15-second increments until melted, stirring well between each cooking interval. Pour the frosting over top of the eclair cake.
- Refrigerate the eclair cake for about 30 minutes until the chocolate frosting is set, then cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight, or 8 hours.
- Slice the eclair cake into 12 servings and serve chilled.