Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes
You are going to love this Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes. It tastes brings together all the flavors of strawberry shortcake into the perfect portion size. These strawberry shortcake cupcakes are going to become your favorite.
Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes
These Strawberry shortcake cupcakes are so delicious and so easy to make, you’re going to love this recipe. They smell like heaven while they’re baking, and remind you of being a kid on a summer morning and eating dessert for breakfast. They make a stunning presentation to serve to family, or guests, or for a birthday party. Everyone will love these. Keep this one in your favorites.
- All-purpose flour – Be sure to use all purpose flour instead of self rising flour since salt and baking powder are also being added to the recipe.
- Baking powder – If all you have is self rising flour in your kitchen, leave the baking powder out of this recipe.
- Salt – Adding salt to baked goods helps to bring out the flavor. While you think that you shouldn’t add the salt, it is beneficial to the recipe.
- Eggs – It is best to use large eggs in this cupcake recipe.
- Sugar – Every great recipe has sugar in it
- Butter – Always use unsalted butter when baking, even if your recipe calls for salt. This lets you control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Vanilla – Try to use pure vanilla because it has a better flavor than imitation vanilla.
- Half n half – The half n half is in replacement of milk that is used in many recipes.
- Strawberry frosting – This is the topping of the cupcakes. Using a pastry pipe and star will help you get the beautiful frosting swirl on top of the cupcakes.
- Golden Oreo cookies – The Golden Oreos make the Strawberry Shortcake Crumbs over the top of the cupcakes
- Strawberry Jello – The Strawberry Jello mixes with the Golden Oreos to create the crumbs.
- Neon Pink Food coloring gel- When using gel colors, it is easier to get a bright color with only a little bit of food coloring.
- Fresh Strawberries – What is strawberry shortcake without strawberries.
How to Make Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes
Preheat the oven and prepare the cupcake muffin tins.
Using a mixer, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
In another bowl, beat the eggs until it is a light lemon color then slowly add it to the flour.
Add the sugar, melted butter, vanilla and the half and half.
Mix everything on low until it is combined and then scrape down the bowl and beat again.
Fill the cupcake liners 3/4 of the way full.
Bake for 18-22 minutes.
Let the cupcakes cool completely.
Decorating the Cupcakes
While the cupcakes are cooling, pulse the Oreos in the blender until it is crumbs.
Add the strawberry Jello and blend it until it is combined.
Move the crumbs to a bowl and add the pink food coloring and stir with a spoon.
Wash the strawberries and then remove the stems. Let the strawberries dry.
Once the cupcakes are cooled, pipe the strawberry frosting onto the center of the cupcakes.
Roll the cupcake frosting in the crumbs and then place a strawberry on top.
Place a dollop of frosting on top and then place the cupcakes in the refrigerator until it is time to serve.
What Flavor Icing is Best With Strawberry Cupcakes?
I like to use strawberry frosting with these strawberry cupcakes. It pairs perfectly with strawberry shortcake. If you can not get strawberry frosting, you can use a vanilla frosting and add small bits of strawberries into the frosting.
Can I Use Frozen Strawberries In Cupcakes?
If you thaw the strawberries first and make sure they dry well, you can use frozen strawberries. While it will work, it will not taste as good as using fresh strawberries.
More Cupcake Recipes
- Banana Cream Cupcakes
- Andes Mint Chocolate Cupcakes
- Pineapple Upside-Down Cupcakes
- Homemade Hostess Cupcakes
- The Best Caramel Apple Cupcakes
Strawberry shortcake cupcakes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cup of sugar
- 3 sticks of butter - melted
- 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla
- 1 cup of half n half
FROSTING - DECORATING THE CUPCAKES
- 2 cans of Strawberry frosting
- 1 package of Golden Oreo cookies
- 1 package of Strawberry Jello 3.4 ounces
- 1 teaspoon of Neon Pink Food coloring gel
- 2 Pints of fresh Strawberries
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 - 12 count, or one 24 count muffin tin(s) with cupcake liners.
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, blend the flour, baking powder, and salt together at low speed.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs until they're a light lemon color, and add to the flour mixture, and add the sugar, melted butter, vanilla, and half n half.
- Mix on low until all ingredients are blended.
- Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl with a spatula and blend again. Don't over mix the batter.
- Fill the cupcake liners 3/4 full.
- Bake for 18 - 22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cupcakes to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, place the whole package of Golden Oreo's in a blender, and blend until they're cookie crumbs.
- Add Strawberry Jello, and blend until mixed.
- Pour the crumbs into a medium bowl, and add the Neon pink food coloring gel, and stir with a spoon. Set aside.
- Wash and dry the fresh Strawberries, and remove the stems.
- Leave on paper towels to dry.
- When cupcakes are cool, place Strawberry frosting in a pastry bag with a large star tip, and frost the cupcakes, swirling the frosting around the cupcakes, and up to a point in the center.
- Roll the sides of the frosted cupcakes in the cookie crumbs.
- Place one Strawberry in the center of the frosting on top of each cupcake, and place one small dollop of Strawberry frosting on the top of the Strawberry.
- Place the cupcakes in a cupcake container, and refrigerate until time to serve.
- Serve, and Enjoy!
- Makes approximately 24 cupcakes
- Cupcakes may be kept in the refrigerator for up to 6 days.