This Red Velvet Cheesecake is one of the most delicious cheesecakes that you will ever make. The combination of red velvet cake and cheesecake is perfection!
Not only is this delicious, but it’s so pretty as well! Would be great to make for the Holidays.
Red Velvet Cheesecake
- RED VELVET LAYER
- Butter, for cake pan
- Flour, for cake pan
- 1 box red velvet cake mix, plus ingredients called for on the box
- CHEESECAKE LAYER
- 4 8-oz. packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⅓ c. sugar
- 4 large eggs
- ⅔ c. sour cream
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- WHIPPED LAYER
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 tbsps powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Red Velvet cake layer:
- Preheat oven to 350º flour one springform 9" cake pan. Prepare red velvet cake batter according to box directions. Pour your batter in the prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 30 to 32 minutes.
- Let cool slightly in cake pan then remove, use a cake leveler to make sure the top is even and flat - set aside.
- Make the cheesecake layer:
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy and combined, 3 minutes.
- Add eggs, one a time, until combined.
- Add sour cream, flour, vanilla, and salt and beat until combined.
- Pour filling onto cake pan and bake until only slightly jiggly in the center, 1 hour.
- Let cool slightly, then transfer to the freezer to cool completely and firm up before assembling on top of the red velvet cake layer. Use a cake leveler again if needed/desired to achieve even layers.
- Make whipped frosting:
- Add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl.
- Using a large balloon whisk, whisk together the ingredients by hand for about five minutes or until soft peaks start to form.
- You'll know the whipped cream is ready when the cream has formed soft peaks and holds onto the whisk.
- Be careful not to overdo the whisking –
- Spread the whipped cream over the top of the cheesecake.
- Use a decorators pastry tip to create whipped dollops on the edge.
- Garnish with red velvet cake crumbs and serve.
Watch how this delicious Red Velvet Cheesecake is made…
Check out these other AWESOME dessert recipes…