You’ve gotta try these moist and tender Mini Peach Upside Down Cakes! They’re packed with fresh peaches and easy to make in a muffin tin.
Mini Upside Down Peach Cakes
Fresh peach desserts are always a personal favorite. A peach upside down cake is a really delicious and special dessert for any occasion during peach season, so we turned it into a fun mini cake!
These mini cakes are filled with peaches and baked with sliced peaches, brown sugar, and sweet cream butter on the bottom of the pan. When you turn them over after baking, you have a perfect sweet peach topping.
Ingredients You Will Need
You’ll find the full amounts in recipe box below.
- Unsalted butter
- Brown sugar
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Vanilla extract
How to Make Mini Peach Upside Down Cakes
Start by coating the cups of a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle the brown sugar evenly between the cups and place a small cube of unsalted butter into the center of each cup. Peel and very thinly slice two peaches and lay the slices into the bottom of each muffin cup.
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to beat together 1/3 cup of the unsalted butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix well.
Beat in the flour mixture a little at a time. I added half, mixed well, then added the second half of the flour. Mix in the buttermilk until the cake batter is smooth.
Chop two peaches into small cubes and fold them into the cake batter.
Scoop the cake batter evenly into the muffin cups over the brown sugar, butter cubes, and peach slices.
Bake the mini peach upside down cakes at 350°F for about 25 minutes. Allow them to cool in the pan for a few minutes, then turn them out onto a wire cooling rack.
How cute are these little cakes?!
These little peach cakes are perfect as they are, but you might want to add some extra toppings like these:
- Whipped cream
- Vanilla bean ice cream
- Warmed peach preserves
- Fresh peach slices
- Fresh raspberries
- Mint leaves
Storage and Reheating
If you won’t be eating the cakes right away, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. To serve, warm the cakes for a few seconds in the microwave and add the toppings of your choice.
Can I Leave the Skin on the Peaches?
Yes, you can! If you like the texture and the extra pretty pink and peach colors from the skin, feel free to leave the skin on the peaches instead of peeling them.
Mini Peach Upside Down Cakes
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter plus 1 additional tablespoon
- 6 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4 peaches
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare a 12 cup muffin pan by spraying with non-stick cooking spray. Cut 1 tablespoon of the unsalted butter into 12 small cubes and place one in each cup. Evenly sprinkle the brown sugar into the bottom of each muffin cup.
- Slice 2 of the peaches in half and remove the pit. Peel the peaches and slice into very thin slices. Place several of the peach slices in the bottom of each muffin cup.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, with an electric mixer beat together the 1/3 cup unsalted butter with the sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until smooth. Add half of the flour mixture and beat until combined. Add the second half of the flour mixture and mix well. Stir in the buttermilk.
- Remove the pit from the remaining two peaches. Peel the peaches and slice into small cubes. Fold into the cake batter.
- Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin cups.
- Bake at 350F for 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool the cakes on a wire cooling rack for 5 minutes, then serve with whipped cream.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- 12 count muffin tin
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.