Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes are tiny pumpkin pies you can eat with your hands. Such a yummy dessert recipe for fall and Thanksgiving!
We’re totally obsessed right now with all things pumpkin and pumpkin spice. Right now, we are cooking up Pumpkin Donut Holes and Pumpkin Bread. Pumpkin Magic Cake is another fan favorite, too! If you just can’t get enough, you’re in luck, because we have whipped yet one more great treat for you.
Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
For Thanksgiving this year, instead of making a pumpkin pie, why not make pumpkin pie cupcakes?? No forks required, just grab and eat!
These bite-sized desserts are made with all of your usual pie ingredients: pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, etc. They’re super easy to make, and your family will love them!
For the icing, we’re simply using a big dollop of whipped cream. What pie would be any good without it? It also helps cut the sweetness of the cupcake itself, so that the sweet flavor isn’t overwhelming like it would be with a cream cheese or buttercream frosting.
The Best Pumpkin Puree
If you are standing in the aisle of your grocery store wondering which pumpkin puree is the best for your recipe, I’m here to tell you. We’ve tried them all, and we can tell you from experience that:
Libby’s brand is best!
It’s so creamy, tastes amazing and is 100% pure and all natural. Trust me on this one, it’s good! Of course, you can always use whatever you’ve got in your cabinets, too. This recipe is a great way to use any leftover pumpkin puree from your Thanksgiving preparations.
Your guests at Thanksgiving dinner will love these adorable Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes. Just make sure you make enough, they disappear fast. Enjoy!
Watch how it’s made…
Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
- 1 15 oz. can pure pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice mix
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- whipped cream for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin puree, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and evaporated milk and whisk until smooth.
- In a separate medium bowl; combine flour, pumpkin pie spice mix, salt, baking soda, and baking powder and whisk until combined.
- Pour dry mixture into pumpkin mixture and mix just until combined.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling each muffin cup with 1/3 cup batter (make sure you fill at least half way full - these will deflate a bit when they are cooling).
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until cupcakes are set.
- Let cool in the muffin pan for about 30 minutes.
- Transfer cupcakes to a serving tray or plate and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- When ready to serve, top cupcakes with whipped cream and sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice.