With a simple glaze made of honey, soy sauce, and garlic, this Honey Glazed Salmon is an easy, elegant main course ready in just 20 minutes! Serve with rice and veggies for a complete meal.
The Best Honey Glazed Salmon
Salmon is one of my go-tos when I need an easy dinner to impress. Like my Tuscan salmon recipe, this honey glazed salmon is easy to prepare and requires just a few ingredients. The sticky and sweet honey glaze is balanced by savory soy sauce and earthy garlic and the salmon ends up perfectly flaky each and every time.
Watch The Recipe Video:
While this salmon could easily be plated for an elegant dinner party, we often enjoy it during the week too, as it takes just 20 minutes from start to finish! Just add some rice and your favorite veggie and dinner is ready.
Why You’ll Love This Easy Salmon Recipe
There’s so much to love about this honey glazed salmon!
- Perfect for busy weeknights. Ready in just 20 minutes, this salmon is ideal for business weeknights but also elegant enough for nicer dinners.
- Short ingredient list. You won’t need to pick up a ton of groceries for this recipe. The glaze is made with just a few ingredients and beyond that, you need just a few basic seasonings.
- Great flavor. Honey, soy sauce, and garlic on its own is a great flavor combo but I also added some seasonings to really enhance the dish.
What You’ll Need
This easy salmon recipe is made with a handful of seasonings and a few glaze ingredients, like honey, soy sauce, and garlic. See the recipe card below for measurements.
- Salmon – I prefer to use skin-on salmon filets for this recipe. Fresh or frozen salmon will work but be sure to thaw frozen salmon completely ahead of time.
- Seasonings – Salt, pepper, granulated garlic, paprika, and chili powder give this honey soy salmon a great savory flavor.
- Olive oil
- Honey – The base of our honey garlic glaze.
- Soy sauce – Adds a savory umami flavor that pairs well with the other ingredients.
- Garlic – Lots of freshly minced garlic is key to this recipe.
- Lemon – Fresh lemon juice brightens the glaze.
How to Make Honey Glazed Salmon
This honey garlic glazed salmon recipe comes together in just 20 minutes!
- Season the salmon. Dry the salmon with a paper towel. Combine the seasonings in a bowl. Generously season the salmon filets, then set aside.
- Preheat the oven. Turn your oven to the highest broil setting and place the oven rack in the middle position.
- Make the glaze. Whisk the glaze ingredients into an oven safe skillet.
- Cook the salmon. Cook the salmon in the sauce mixture for 3 minutes, basting with a metal spoon. Then transfer the whole pan to the oven. Broil for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Enjoy. Glaze the salmon with more of the sauce then garnish with fresh parsley. Enjoy!
Recipe Tips & Variations
Here are a few tips to keep in mind when making this easy honey glazed salmon recipe.
- Thicken the glaze. If desired, you can thicken the glaze as the salmon is done cooking. Just remove the salmon from the pan and cook the sauce down over medium heat until it reaches your desired thickness. Drizzle over the salmon when serving.
- Can I use skinless salmon? Yes. I prefer the filets with skin on but skinless salmon filets also work in this recipe.
- Spice it up. If you want to add a bit of a kick, mix in 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to the spice mixture.
- Don’t overcook the salmon. Salmon cooks quickly and overcooking it will lead to dry salmon. It’s done with you can easily flake it with a fork.
What to Serve with Honey Garlic Glazed Salmon
We like to serve this honey glazed salmon with some rice and veggies. Green veggies like broccoli and asparagus are our go-to, as they’re easy to prepare and look beautiful plated with the same.
For a lower carb option, cauliflower rice or quinoa would be good replacements for the rice.
For a slightly different flavor, we sometimes add sliced green onions as a garnish as well.
How to Store & Reheat Leftovers
- Store. Store leftover honey soy salmon in the fridge for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
- Reheat. You can reheat the salmon in the oven or microwave. Just be sure not to heat it more than necessary to prevent it from drying out.
More Salmon Recipes:
Honey Glazed Salmon
- 3 filets Skin On Salmon 6 ounces each
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Granulated Garlic
- 1/2 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 4 Cloves Garlic Minced
- Juice from 1 Lemon
- Pat the salmon dry with a paper towel. Mix together the salt, black pepper, granulated garlic, paprika and chili powder in a small bowl. Season the salmon filets with the spice mixture, set aside.
- Preheat the oven on your highest broil setting, adjust the oven rack so that it is in the middle position in the oven.
- To a 10” or larger oven safe skillet over medium high heat, add the olive oil, honey, soy sauce, minced garlic and lemon juice. Whisk together and add the salmon skin side down.
- Cook the salmon filets skin side down for 3 minutes in the sauce mixture. Basting continually with a metal spoon.
- Transfer the whole pan of salmon to the oven and broil for 5-8 minutes or until desired doneness of the salmon.
- Glaze the salmon with the sauce before serving and garnish with fresh parsley. Enjoy!