Try the delicious air fryer pickle egg rolls with ham and cream cheese. Tangy pickles, savory ham, and creamy cheese meet in a crispy shell for a perfectly balanced flavor.
Air Fryer Pickle Egg Rolls
This recipe is versatile and can be adjusted to suit different tastes. You can try different pickles, and cheeses, or even add spices for more flavor. Whether you want a quick snack, a party appetizer, or a unique side dish, these air fryer pickle egg rolls are a great choice. They offer a delicious experience and a better alternative to deep-fried snacks, without compromising on flavor or texture. Enjoy these guilt-free, crispy, and flavorful treats whenever you crave something satisfying.
What You’ll Need
- Egg roll wrappers– Find these in the produce section of the grocery store. They are usually sold near the tofu or fresh herbs. You can also make your own wrappers if you prefer.
- Pickles – Use your favorite dill pickle spear.
- Ham – Deli-sliced ham works perfectly in this recipe. You can also use leftover baked ham or even ham lunch meat.
- Cream cheese – Make sure to use softened cream cheese so it’s easy to spread onto the egg roll wrappers. You can also try different flavored cream cheeses for a fun twist.
- Vegetable oil – This is used to brush on the egg rolls before air frying, giving them a crispy and golden brown exterior.
How To Make Pickle Egg Rolls
These are incredibly easy to make using just a handful of ingredients!
Make the egg rolls: Dry the pickles with a paper towel to remove excess moisture. Spread a small amount of cream cheese over the pickle. Wrap it with a slice of ham. Place the stuffed pickle on the egg roll wrapper and fold it up, sealing the edges with a bit of water.
Air Fry the egg rolls: Place the egg rolls in the air fryer basket or tray and brush all the sides of the egg rolls with vegetable oil. Air fry for 10 minutes flipping halfway through. Work in batches.
Tips and Tricks
Can I make these egg rolls in advance?
Yes, you can assemble the egg rolls and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before air frying.
Can I freeze these egg rolls?
Yes, you can freeze uncooked egg rolls for up to a month. Just thaw them in the refrigerator before air frying.
How can I reheat leftover egg rolls?
To maintain their crispy texture, we recommend reheating leftover egg rolls in the air fryer for a few minutes until warmed through. You can also reheat them in the oven at 375°F for 10-12 minutes. Avoid reheating in the microwave as it will make them soggy.
Can I use a different type of meat or vegetable in these egg rolls?
Absolutely! Feel free to get creative and use your favorite meats, cheeses, and vegetables in this recipe. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly for different fillings.
Best Kind of Dipping Sauce for Pickle Egg Rolls
The best kind of dipping sauce for pickle egg rolls is a spicy mayo dip. Simply mix together mayonnaise, your desired amount of sriracha or hot sauce, and a pinch of garlic powder for a deliciously creamy and tangy dip to complement the sourness of the pickles in the egg rolls. Similar to sriracha ranch. You can also add in some chopped green onions, chives or cilantro for an extra burst of flavor.
Other popular dipping sauce options for pickle egg rolls include sweet and sour sauce, duck sauce, or a homemade honey soy sauce. For those who prefer a less spicy option, you can also use a simple ranch dressing as a dip for the pickle egg rolls.
More Egg Roll Recipes
Pickle Egg Rolls
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Dry the pickle spears with a paper towel, then spread a small amount of cream cheese over the top of each spear.
- Wrap a piece of ham around each pickle.
- Place the stuffed pickles in the center of each egg roll wrapper and wrap the edges around the pickle. Use a small amount of water to seal the end.
- Place the egg rolls in the basket or tray of your air fryer and brush all sides of each egg roll with vegetable oil.
- Air fry the egg rolls for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through the cook time.