These Pizza Egg Rolls are my go-to snack or appetizer with their cheesy mozzarella, pepperoni, pasta sauce, seasoning, and parmesan in a crispy egg roll. We show you how to make them in the air fryer, deep fried or baked.
These are so delicious and a perfect choice if you struggle to find simple recipes that taste good. They are savory, cheesy, crunchy, and filling, so if you need a recipe that can feed a crowd and keep them satisfied, this is for you. There are different ways you can alter this recipe if you dislike an ingredient or want to add more to it, so it’s very versatile.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Eggroll Wrappers: These are great for crispy and crunchy skin, you can find these at your local grocery store.
Cheese: Using mozzarella is great for melting, but you can use a different kind if desired. I also like to use parmesan cheese and pizza seasoning or oregano on top.
Pepperoni: You can use this or other types of meat if desired.
How To Make Pizza Egg Rolls
Step 1. Place the wrapper in a diamond shape. Put 2 Tbsp of cheese in the middle with about 2-3 Tbsp of pepperoni, 1 tsp of sauce, and a dash of pizza seasoning. Top with an additional Tbsp of cheese on top. Flip the bottom point over and fold in the sides before rolling to the end to seal all the ingredients in. Place them seam down and repeat until all the ingredients are used.
Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
Step 2. Place the prepared rolls seam-side down into the air fryer basket leaving some space between them. Set the fryer to 370 degrees and cook the rolls for 5 minutes before flipping them over and cooking for an additional 3-4 minutes. You want them to be crispy and light brown by the time they’re done. Take them out and top them with parmesan cheese, and more seasonings if desired. Serve with the rest of the pizza sauce and enjoy!
Other Cooking Methods
- In a Dutch oven, heat 1-2 in. of oil to 375°.
- Fry pizza rolls until golden brown, 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Bake for 6 minutes,, flip, spray again and bake for another 5-8 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- Lightly spray with cooking spray and set on a cooling rack.
Variations For Pizza Egg Rolls:
Sometimes I like to change up this recipe or add more to it, you can look below for some good variations for this recipe:
- Instead of pepperoni, you can use ham, sausage, bacon, etc.
- You can double the meat or use two kinds of meat.
- Mozzarella is perfect for melting, but cheddar or Monterey jack will work well too.
- You can serve it with pizza sauce or use ranch, blue cheese, or hot sauce
Tips & Tricks
- I like to use an air fryer for these eggrolls, but you can make them on stove top as well.
- I use freshly shredded cheese, but pre-shredded works as well.
- Get pre-sliced pepperoni from the deli or get a log of it and chop it up yourself.
- Make sure the rolls are sealed well so that the cheese does leak out while cooking.
- Place any leftovers in an airtight container. To reheat, cook at 200 degrees until heated.
More Egg Roll Recipes:
Pizza Egg Rolls
- 6 eggroll wrappers
- 6 oz. mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup pepperoni chopped
- ½ cup pizza sauce divided
- 1 Tbsp pizza seasoning or oregano
- 1 Tbsp parmesan cheese optional
- Lay the eggroll wrapper in a diamond shape. Place about 2 tablespoons of cheese at the bottom in the center. Top with 2-3 tablespoons of pepperoni, a teaspoon of sauce, a sprinkle of pizza seasoning, and another tablespoon of cheese.
- Fold the bottom point up, then fold in the sides and roll to the end, making sure all ingredients are enclosed in the wrapper. Set aside, seam side down. Continue this process with the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to air fryer basket, seam side down, leaving space in between. Cook at 370 degrees for 5 minutes, flip, then cook another 3-4 minutes. Eggrolls should be crispy and golden brown. Remove from the air fryer and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and seasoning (optional). Serve with remaining pizza sauce.
- In a Dutch oven or deep cast-iron skillet, heat 1-2 in. of oil to 375°. Fry pizza rolls until golden brown, 1-2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels.