Making a delicious Raspberry Poke Cake is a breeze with this recipe. It is not only delicious and beautiful, it’s also easy. This poke cake has a delicious cheesecake inside to make this one of the tastiest and most moist cakes you’ve ever had!
Why You’ll Love Raspberry Cheesecake Poke Cake
- Delicious combination: The mix of raspberry, cheesecake, and cake flavors creates a mouthwatering taste sensation.
- Easy to make: With simple steps and simple ingredients, anyone can whip up this dessert in no time.
- Moist and creamy: The poke technique infuses the cake with creamy goodness, making every bite a delight.
- Beautiful presentation: The vibrant raspberry topping adds a pop of color, making it a visually appealing dessert.
- Perfect for any occasion: Whether it’s a family gathering or a special event, this poke cake is a crowd-pleaser.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
- White Cake Mix: You will need to follow the instructions on the back of the box, with the vegetable oil and eggs needed to make the cake. .
- Raspberries: I use fresh raspberries as well as raspberry jello and hot water to mix.
- Dairy: I use cream cheese, milk, and Cool Whip or whipped cream to add flavor and thicken the recipe.
How To Make Raspberry Poke Cake
- Bake the cake. Follow the instructions on the back of the box to bake, then set it aside to cool. Use a fork or wooden spoon handle to poke holes into the baked cake.
- Prepare the gelatin. Combine the raspberry gelatin with 1 cup of hot water until dissolves. Spoon the gelatin over the holes about 2-3 times to sink in.
- Make the topping. Add the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and 2 tbsp of milk into a bowl and combine. Use a spatula to spread on top before adding whipped cream on top of that layer. Top with raspberries and place in the fridge to chill for 4 hours until you are ready to serve. Enjoy!
What to Serve with Raspberry Poke Cake
Raspberry Cheesecake Poke Cake is a delightful dessert on its own, but you can enhance the overall experience by serving it with some complementary accompaniments. Here are some delicious options:
- Vanilla Ice Cream: A scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream pairs wonderfully with the fruity and creamy flavors of the poke cake. The cold and creamy texture of the ice cream balances the richness of the cake.
- Whipped Cream: Serve the cake with a dollop of freshly whipped cream. The light and airy texture of whipped cream add a luxurious touch to each bite.
- Fresh Berries: Along with the raspberry topping, consider serving additional fresh berries like strawberries, blueberries, or blackberries. The combination of different berries adds color, freshness, and extra fruity goodness.
- Mint Leaves: Garnish the cake plate with some fresh mint leaves for a burst of color and a refreshing aroma. Mint complements the fruity flavors and provides a lovely fragrance to the dessert.
- Hot Beverages: Pair the cake with a hot beverage like coffee, tea, or hot chocolate. The contrast of the warm drink with the chilled cake can be quite enjoyable.
- Raspberry Sauce: If you have some extra raspberry sauce, drizzle a little on the serving plate or around the cake slices. It will intensify the raspberry flavor and make the presentation more appealing.
- Nuts: Chopped nuts like almonds, walnuts, or pecans can add a delightful crunch to the cake. Sprinkle some over the cake or serve them on the side for those who enjoy a nutty element.
- Fresh Lemonade: A glass of refreshing lemonade complements the sweet and tangy flavors of the raspberry cheesecake poke cake.
More Poke Cake Recipes
- Chocolate Poke Cake
- Fireball Poke Cake
- Blueberry Poke Cake
- Strawberry Poke Cake
- Banana Pudding Poke Cake
Raspberry Poke Cake
- Bake cake in 13×9 pan according to package instructions. Allow to cool.
- Using a fork, poke holes in the top of the cake.
- Mix together the raspberry gelatin with 1 cup of boiling water until dissolved, and then spoon each color gelatin over the cake, making sure to pour over the holes. It’s good to spoon over each row 2-3 times for good coverage.
- Next, mix together cream cheese and powdered sugar with 2 tablespoons of milk. Spread out cream cheese mixture over the cake.
- Top with whipped cream, spread out over the cream cheese layer.
- Finally, top the whipped cream with raspberries.
- Chill for 4 hours before serving.