Crunchwrap Supreme (Taco Bell Copycat)
Craving Taco Bell? You have to try this incredible Copycat Taco Bell Crunchwrap Supreme recipe. This is the perfect copy cat recipe to enjoy while you are at home. Healthier and cheaper, you have to make this version at home.
This Crunchwrap Supreme recipe has everything to make your tummy happy. It is so good and easy to make with tortillas, beef, veggies, and cheese. The finished crunch wrap comes out super cheesy, crunchy, and delicious. Copycat recipes can save you so much money. Some of my favorites are Apple Hand Pies (McDonald’s Copycat) and Copycat Air Fryer Chick-Fil-A Nuggets
- Tortillas- You will need the burrito size flour tortillas for this recipe.
- Ground Beef- This will need to be cooked, then drained of any grease, and seasoned (if desired).
- Queso- You can make your own homemade queso or buy store-bought.
- Tostada Shells- This will be the crunch of your wrap.
- Sour Cream- This will be added to the shells.
- Lettuce- Shredded lettuce works best for this recipe.
- Tomatoes- You will need to dice your tomatoes.
- Cheese- You will need Monterey Jack Cheese for this recipe (If desired)/
- Optional Ingredients- You can add, guacamole or taco sauce for extra flavoring.
How to Make a Crunchwrap
Carefully rip one of the flour tortillas into quarters so that these can be used for building your wrap.
Cook, drain, and add seasonings if desired to your meat, place a spoonful of the cooked meat into the center of the tortilla. You will need to leave a lot of room on the sides to be able to fold it into a wrap
Use a spoon to drizzle a bit of the queso on top of the cooked beef.
Use a spoon to add a dollop of sour cream to the tostada and evenly spread out, then place it on top of the queso and beef.
You can put some shredded lettuce, tomatoes, and your choice of cheese ( I used Monterey Jack) on the tostada.
Use one of the quarters of ripped tortilla and place it on top of all the ingredients.
Begin to fold the tortilla, pleating the wrap as you go to seal everything in.
Place a saucepan on medium-low heat and place the folded crunch wrap in it. Allow the base of the wrap to cook until it is a golden brown, then turn it over to heat the other sides, continue to do this step until you have cooked all of the handmade wraps.
You can add a few extra ingredients for flavors such as sour cream, guacamole, or taco sauce, etc.
Serve and Enjoy!
What Fillings Can I Use in Place of Ground Beef?
You can use many other types of fillings of meat other than ground beef. You can use chicken, pork, steak, etc if you want to try something different. If your vegetarian, you can use things like meatless grounds or chicken.
What Dipping Sauces go with a Crunchwrap Supreme?
There are a few different dipping sauces to try with these crunch wraps. You can make salsa, dip in sour cream, or guacamole, etc. Any type of sauce that fits well with tacos goes very well with this recipe. You can also use hot sauce for a spicy flavor.
More Copycat Recipes
- Caramel Macchiato – Starbucks Copycat
- Copycat Chick Fil A Sauce Recipe
- Shamrock Shake (McDonald’s Copycat)
- Copycat Ding Dong Cake Recipe
- Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies (Levian Bakery Copycat)
- 5 burrito size flour tortillas
- 1- pound ground beef cooked & drained (and seasoned if desired)
- ½ cup salsa con queso
- 4 to stada shells
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup shredded lettuce
- ½ cup tomatoes diced
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- Additional sour cream optional
- Guacamole optional
- Taco Sauce optional
- Take one of the flour tortillas and carefully rip it into quarters, you will use these pieces when assembling the crunch wrap.
- Place a scoop of the cooked ground beef in the middle of the flour tortilla, leaving plenty of room around the sides to fold the tortilla in.
- Next, drizzle a little salsa con queso over the ground beef.
- Spread a dollop of sour cream on the tostada shell before adding that on top of the ground beef and queso.
- Add some shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, and shredded Monterey Jack cheese on top of the tostada shell.
- Take one-quarter of the ripped flour tortilla and place it over all of the toppings.
- Fold in the outer edges of the large tortilla, pleating the edges as you go.
- Carefully transfer to the skillet and cook over medium-low heat until lightly browned before flipping and cooking the other side until each side is browned.
- Repeat steps 1-8 for each of the remaining crunch wraps.
- Serve with your favorite toppings (sour cream, guacamole, taco sauce, etc)