This Strawberry Poke Cake is so soft, moist, and fluffy! It has a delicious strawberry cheesecake flavor topped with a creamy layer of whipped cream. This people-pleaser of a dessert is perfect for spring picnics and summer parties.
Strawberry Jello Poke Cake
This dessert is so tasty and simple to make! It is made with a simple white cake mix, strawberry gelatin, cheesecake pudding, milk, whipped topping, and more. It has such a decadent texture that will just melt in your mouth! I have some amazing suggestions for toppings below that will make this poke cake recipe even more eye-popping and delicious. So grab your favorite fork and dig in!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Easy prep. This recipe only takes 10 minutes to prepare.
- Quick bake. If you use a boxed cake mix, this recipe can be baked in just 25 minutes!
- A small list of ingredients. You only need a box of cake mix, and 6 additional ingredients.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
- Mix: You will need white cake mix, strawberry gelatin mix, and cheesecake pudding mix.
- Liquids: You will need boiling water for the gelatin and milk for the pudding.
- Toppings: I like to use my homemade whipped cream and freshly sliced strawberries.
How To Make Strawberry Poke Cake
- Bake the cake. Bake the cake according to the instructions on the cake box and place it in a 13×9-inch pan. Set aside to cool. Poke holes into the cooled cake using a fork.
- Prepare the gelatin mixture. Add 1 cup of hot water to the gelatin and mix until dissolved. Pour the mixture onto the cake and spread evenly using a spatula.
- Prepare the pudding mixture. Add 1 1/2 cups of the milk to the cheesecake pudding and combine. Pour evenly on top of the cooled cake and spread evenly.
- Assemble. Place 1 cup of the strawberries on top, then follow with a layer of whipped cream, and an additional cup of strawberries. Place in the fridge to chill for 4 hours. Serve and enjoy!
What are the Best Toppings for Strawberry Poke Cake?
I love loading this cake up with fresh fruit like strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc. More whipped cream never hurt anyone either! You can also decorate it more by using food coloring, sprinkles, chocolate syrup, etc.
Should I Use Fresh or Frozen Strawberries?
You will need to use fresh strawberries for this recipe! I recommend placing it on top when you are ready to serve otherwise the color will begin to leak into the whipped topping.
Tips & Tricks
- Place leftovers into an airtight container for the best storage method.
- This dessert has to be stored in the fridge or freezer. You can store for up to a week.
- You can also use a different pan to add a different shape or design to it! A muffin tin will make little cakes!
More Poke Cake Recipes
Strawberry Poke Cake
- Bake cake in 13×9 pan according to package instructions. Allow to cool.
- Using a fork, poke holes in the top of the cake.
- Mix together gelatin with 1 cup of boiling water until dissolved, and then pour the gelatin over the cake, making sure to pour over the holes.
- Next, mix together cheesecake pudding mix together with 1 ½ cups of milk. Pour and spread over the cake.
- Add a layer of 1 cup of strawberries.
- Top with whipped topping and additional cup of strawberries. Chill for 4 hours before serving.