This Tuscan Salmon recipe is a delicious twist on a classic salmon and pasta dish. With tender flaky salmon and a creamy sauce, this simple dinner recipe is going to make your family happy. With a restaurant feel to this elegant dish, you are going to love to indulge in this easy to make recipe.
This Tuscan Salmon is so good and easy to make! The ingredients in this recipe make it so flavorful and creamy. This recipe contains salmon that is tender and breaks apart effortlessly. Serve this dinner with a side of Homemade White Bread Recipe or Homemade Whole Wheat Rolls.
- Salmon- You will need this to be skinless.
- Spinach- You will need to remove the stems and chop.
- Garlic- You will need minced garlic cloves.
- Shallot- You will need these diced.
- Sun Dried Tomatoes- In oil. You will be using the oil for cooking in.
- Heavy Cream- This will help with the consistency.
- Milk- You will need whole milk for this recipe.
- Cheese- You will need parmesan cheese.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in the recipe.
- Pepper- This will be used for taste.
How to Make Tuscan Salmon
First, season one side of the salmon with salt and pepper.
Secondly, add some oil in a large pan and cook on medium-high heat, then add in the salmon, with the seasoning side facing down.
Thirdly, season the other side of the salmon and heat until crispy. This will take about 3-4 minutes, then turn the oven to cook for another 2-3 minutes.
Next, take the salmon out of the pan and place it onto a plate, and seal with foil.
Now, add the onion and garlic into the big pan you have been using and cook until soft and golden brown for 2-3 minutes.
After, put in the spinach and cook until soft.
Put the sun-dried tomatoes, heavy cream, and milk into the pan and bring to a boil. Cook the ingredients for 2-3 minutes until it thickens.
Finally, add in the cheese and combine, then cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until you reach the consistency you want.
To finish, season with salt and pepper.
Serve over pasta, rice, or bread, and enjoy!
How long is cooked salmon good for?
This salmon recipe can last up to 3 days. You will want to store the recipe in the fridge. Place in an airtight container for storage.
Can I Freeze Tuscan Salmon?
No, you can not freeze the salmon recipe. Freezing the recipe will cause the sauce to separate. This will change the texture of the recipe. You will want to only make enough that can be eaten over 3 days.
More Fish Recipes:
- Crawfish Fettuccini Recipe
- Classic Fish and Chips Recipe
- Cajun Instant Pot Crawfish Boil
- Cheesy Tuna Melt Balls
- 2 tablespoons oil from the sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 skinless salmon filets around 1 lb total
- 4 cups spinach roughly chopped and stems removed (note 1)
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 shallot diced (note 2)
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil drained but keep the oil for cooking
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 cup parmesan cheese lightly packed, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- sprinkle the salmon from one side with salt and pepper
- heat up the oil in a big pan over medium-high heat and add the salmon, seasoned side down. Now sprinkle the other side with salt and pepper too
- cook until bottom side is crisp, for around 3-4 minutes, flip around and cook for another 2-3 minutes
- place cooked salmon on a plate and cover with tin foil
- in the same pan add onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes until soft and slightly brown
- now add the spinach and cook until it has wilted
- add sun-dried tomatoes, heavy cream, and milk and bring to a boil
- cook for 2-3 minutes until the sauce starts to thicken
- add the parmesan cheese, stir and cook for another 1-2 minutes until the sauce has desired consistency
- add salt and pepper to taste and serve with pasta, rice, couscous, or bread